+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match day thread: Derby v Swansea

Match day thread: Derby v Swansea

And so to the Swans

Are you going? What’s your hope and expectation? Will it be rained off?

Anyone?

No...2-0...and No.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    And so to the Swans

Are you going? What’s your hope and expectation? Will it be rained off?

Anyone?
    No, 1-1 and yes

so half time, no shots on goal, in fact no shots whatsoever, no corners, less than 30% possession: and still level! is it backs to the wall or just unadulterated filth?

Never really in it but it's a hard fought point. Mind you, Lawrence could (should) have nicked it.

Swansea have some wonderfully skilful players and it's relatively easy for them if they don't get challenged. We didn't challenge them, preferring instead, out of possession, to flood back and man the trenches. It worked in the end and we might have nicked it.... or lost it were it not for a fine all round performance as sweeper keeper from Allsop who was my MOTM

It seems like we are finally able to keep a clean sheet which is pleasing. Unfortunately, that seems to have come at the expense of creativity at the other end. I sincerely hope that Rooney is taking a leaf out of BCs manual and sorting the defence out first and then working on the attack. One thing we should all remember though is that we have just the one fit striker at the moment and, once Baldock is fit, Strets will be back on the bench. Once Kaz is fit, Strets will be in the stands. I rate him above Baldock and believe that our "creative" players need to get him the ball, in the box and on the deck.

Madley. Not perfect, better first half than second, but one of the better refs we've had this season. Never thought I'd be positive about the lad but he was way better than I had expected him to be.

Hamer? Made more saves in a 2 second burst than he did in his entire loan period with us......

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Swansea have some wonderfully skilful players and it's relatively easy for them if they don't get challenged. We didn't challenge them, preferring instead, out of possession, to flood back and man the trenches. It worked in the end and we might have nicked it.... or lost it were it not for a fine all round performance as sweeper keeper from Allsop who was my MOTM

It seems like we are finally able to keep a clean sheet which is pleasing. Unfortunately, that seems to have come at the expense of creativity at the other end. I sincerely hope that Rooney is taking a leaf out of BCs manual and sorting the defence out first and then working on the attack. One thing we should all remember though is that we have just the one fit striker at the moment and, once Baldock is fit, Strets will be back on the bench. Once Kaz is fit, Strets will be in the stands. I rate him above Baldock and believe that our "creative" players need to get him the ball, in the box and on the deck.

Madley. Not perfect, better first half than second, but one of the better refs we've had this season. Never thought I'd be positive about the lad but he was way better than I had expected him to be.

Hamer? Made more saves in a 2 second burst than he did in his entire loan period with us......
    Agree with the clean sheet thing, I loved it in 70s and I love it now

We aren't especially creative BUT we did create bits and bobs on saturday, we need the whole team (see Knight's effort) to be less scared of hacking it over the bar. Some of our best forwards (Frannie Lee, John O'Hare) were masters at just sticking a leg out, not bothered how pretty the goal looked. Lawrence's three chances in three seconds were all deserving of better though, kudos to MC Hamer
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 04-10-2021 at 09:41 AM.

Couple of occasions where Lawro should have passed to the unmarked Strets in the box, chose instead to shoot.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)