+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Millwall match thread

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    At last!!!
    Well done. You kept going and got your reward. No complaints from me. Better team won.

One thing the players must learn and that is don’t pass to Brittain if he’s in a shooting position

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Well done. You kept going and got your reward. No complaints from me. Better team won.
    You’ve had our number for far too long….it had to come to an end sometime. Anyway good luck for the rest of the season..except of course when you come down the Den…Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    You’ve had our number for far too long….it had to come to an end sometime. Anyway good luck for the rest of the season..except of course when you come down the Den…Cheers
    Can't disagree with that Frenchie, hard-fought battle but they lost their manager also possible the best player in Mowatt, but the Baggies could not beat us at the Hawthorns.

You talk as though your team never beat us Frenchie, thats not quite true is it lol. It was looking like a 0-0 of course and that would have been a positive for us, a point and a clean sheet.

Now we're in the drop zone and it could be one of those awful seasons again. I have to say the coach has had long enough now, 12 games in and its not improving one little bit. A good first half against Notts Florist during the week and a good first half as well today from us is not acceptable, because we only end up throwing it away in every second half.

I think he/Schopp should go, but Im guessing that these owners of ours would happily carry on making money on our player sales even if we were in the Conference!!.
    Last edited by Acido; 02-10-2021 at 08:10 PM.

They’ve got the season tickets money along with tv money.

Club self financing they couldn’t give a toss.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    They’ve got the season tickets money along with tv money. Club self financing they couldn’t give a toss.
    I still don't know what their deal is, wanting to control as many clubs as possible in Europe.
    And Id like to ask them what if anything is their actual knowledge of English football, what was it before they came here and what is it now they've been here nearly four years.
    Why are they obsessed with the high-pressing game, and why keep going for unknown foreigners as coaches, because surely they have used up all their luck in that department now with what Stendel and Struber and Ismael especially achieved.
    Last edited by Acido; 02-10-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Heres Schloppy's latest words of after match wisdom..

" We're really disappointed right now. When you lose a game in this way, it's always a hard one.
    In the second half, they were getting more direct and we were defending in a good way, but we didn't have any situation where we got into their last third really easily.
    We have a big need for success in the sense that we need something for the lads, so that they get more confidence. I think they are trying to put it all out on the pitch. "

Hes definitely right in the fact that they need more confidence, because for some reason it appears to have been shot to pieces by something or somebody in a very short space of time!.
    By the sounds of it we lost the plot again in the second half and were forced back. Were we just defending and clearing it and it kept on coming back at us, and we created little or nothing up front ?.

Some positive signs for me.

…….. we created little or nothing up front.

Well that’s because we were playing against defenders that were far bigger and stronger.
    BUT.
    Leya and Cole looked very good.
    They put a lot of effort in on the press.
    Both very quick.
    We can see now why the club brought in Cole.
    They rotated the front 3 - so Woodrow wasn’t the only target - so obviously the club has finally realised he ain’t a target man.
    So there’s the positives.

Now the not so positives.
    I know I keep saying it but we need strength up front to win and hold the ball.
    There was little bite in midfield - we very much missed Benson.
    Styles didn’t do himself much favours in his defensive role in the middle.

We never looked like scoring - but they didn’t either.
    Although if anyone was going to score then it was going to be them.
    Our 2 effective strikers Leya and Cole ran out of steam.
    Shows how unfit Leya is when he got cramp.

You can clearly see that we are just a couple of players away from success - once ALL the players are back we will be fine.
    But is the club willing to give Marcus that time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Some positive signs for me.

…….. we created little or nothing up front.

Well that’s because we were playing against defenders that were far bigger and stronger.
    BUT.
    Leya and Cole looked very good.
    They put a lot of effort in on the press.
    Both very quick.
    We can see now why the club brought in Cole.
    They rotated the front 3 - so Woodrow wasn’t the only target - so obviously the club has finally realised he ain’t a target man.
    So there’s the positives.

Now the not so positives.
    I know I keep saying it but we need strength up front to win and hold the ball.
    There was little bite in midfield - we very much missed Benson.
    Styles didn’t do himself much favours in his defensive role in the middle.

We never looked like scoring - but they didn’t either.
    Although if anyone was going to score then it was going to be them.
    Our 2 effective strikers Leya and Cole ran out of steam.
    Shows how unfit Leya is when he got cramp.

You can clearly see that we are just a couple of players away from success - once ALL the players are back we will be fine.
    But is the club willing to give Marcus that time ?
    I disagree on the chances front, in the first half we had a one on one. Millwall had 4 good chances and a better team would’ve had us buried

I have no sympathy for people who earn in a month what a lot of people don’t earn in a year . If as a player I was concerned about my fitness levels I would put the work in myself . They need to start taking a bit of responsibility and stop looking for reasons to be woe-be-me.
    2 things should now be arranged for the club during the international break - a few shifts somewhere on minimum wage and atrip to Weston park children’s cancer ward . It might put things into perspective when they next look at the next big fat BACS payment into their bank account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast