+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Groundhog day...

Groundhog day...

Half time.. Two struggling teams showing little or no creativity or excitement.(Where have we seen this before?) Connelly close for Queens and a referee blowing for every silly little or no contact, usually against us. 2nd half can only improve, surely! ?? PS. Brynn is a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Half time.. Two struggling teams showing little or no creativity or excitement.(Where have we seen this before?) Connelly close for Queens and a referee blowing for every silly little or no contact, usually against us. 2nd half can only improve, surely! ?? PS. Brynn is a nightmare.
    Brynn has had nothing to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Brynn has had nothing to do!
    Doesn't seem confident in moving from his line. Surely the six yard box should be a keepers domain?

Doesn't seem confident in moving from his line. Surely the six yard box should be a keepers domain?
    Seldom happens these days especially at corners when they are blatantly blocked off.

After watching that today I can’t think of a time when he had to come off his line cos the pars were so poor and it was a clean sheet. If that happens every week I’d take that
    That’s a few games in now and on looking at queens I would say we are pretty solid at the back and no team will hammer us, but going forward we are as bad as the pars. Even the goal today was lucky the way it fell to connely.

Still thinking he doesn’t come off his line. He had a fantastic game tonight and I for one lost count at the amount of crosses he came and collected, never mind the saves he pulled off in the 1st half

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Still thinking he doesn’t come off his line. He had a fantastic game tonight and I for one lost count at the amount of crosses he came and collected, never mind the saves he pulled off in the 1st half
    Not sure what your point is tonight regarding the goalie tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Not sure what your point is tonight regarding the goalie tonight?
    The point I’m making is that he got criticism for apparantly no ever coming off his line yet he kept a clean sheet in a game where he never had to wonder to far off his line. Patrick were a different opposition and he came for everything. For me he was mom as his display gave queens the foundation to go and win the game in the 2nd half. I’ve been nothing but impressed with his displays up to now and last night he never put a foot wrong

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    The point I’m making is that he got criticism for apparantly no ever coming off his line yet he kept a clean sheet in a game where he never had to wonder to far off his line. Patrick were a different opposition and he came for everything. For me he was mom as his display gave queens the foundation to go and win the game in the 2nd half. I’ve been nothing but impressed with his displays up to now and last night he never put a foot wrong
    Apologies as I misread your post last evening.

Brynn is the first keeper at Palmy (in a Queens jersey) who has had the confidence to come and claim the ball which helps our defence and stops the needless free headers which cost us so many games in previous seasons. Well done that man!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)