+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham Town Post Match Thoughts

I thought we did what we needed to win but the mid-field slightly lacked the punch and urgency we saw in previous games. That may have been down to Cheltenham's ability to press - though there passing was pretty atrocious at times. They kept giving us possession and we did more with the ball in the end. A comfortable win as a result.

To some extent their Rotherham born keeper helped keep the score to a less embarrassing level for them. It could have been 0-4 had he not been on top of his game.

We just need to keep this momentum up and we'll get there. Be interesting to play some of the top teams to see how we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Brilliant finish by Grigg. Could easily have missed that.
    Freddy L probably would have...

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Not been or seen it. Be there tues. Got to be some better sides than Cheltenham in this league. You know when defence is right, back 3 today doesn't fill me with confidence.
    You're dodging my point. The back 3 are doing just fine at the moment or isn't it in you to praise a good set up at the back that involves an old man, by your standards, who are doing pretty good?

Another professional and convincing win to put us just two points off the top and sets us up for a very tasty home match against Pompey,who today thumped Sunderland.Well done Warney and the lads. UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctmilller View Post
    freddy l probably would have...

Just listened to their manager Duff and he said his side were more competitive than they were at Sunderland but "we were up against a very good side today ",a refreshing change to see a manager being complimentary and honest.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Freddy L probably would have...
    Probably? You're giving him the benefit of the doubt there.

Good result and fills me with confidence. Long may this form continue. Credit where it's due to Paul Warne.

Good away performance today.
    Back 3 look solid and we’re improving every game.
    We’ve not clicked yet but we’re looking good.
    Cheo made a difference when he came on.
    Reg looks good and may get recalled in January.

Where’s all the comments tonight ?

If we had lost we would have had loads of comments.
    Well done to the management, players and the supporters.

Could be that expectations have been raised (Oh, it's only Cheltenham and they got stuffed...) so people don't think it's that impressive to get a result that was anticipated.

Or, could be that most postees on here can only be stirred to action when something negative happens (see my earlier reference to Wendy).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast