+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham Town Post Match Thoughts

A good professional performance especially the second half.
    We dominated that second half and came up with the result.
    Credit to the management team, excellent double substitutions with Oggy and Miller.
    Cheltenham were a decent side, defended well that first half, attacked quickly yet were nowhere near scoring.
    Close call for my MotM between Wiles and REG.
    I've given it to Wiles...

EDIT : not convinced about using Icky as left sided defender in a three, looks much better right side...

Onwards and upwards..... it's a Marathon not a Sprint.......a long way to go yet !
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 02-10-2021 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Just listened to their manager Duff and he said his side were more competitive than they were at Sunderland but "we were up against a very good side today ",a refreshing change to see a manager being complimentary and honest.
    I saw an interview with the afc Wimbledon manager and he was pretty much the same.
    My reaction was the same as yours.
    Made a nice change.

Well I’m going to comment anyway chuffed to bits great team performance and as has been said don’t think we’ve hit top form yet
    It helps we’ve now got a striker who can finish great midfield and a guy in defence who is in the form of his life 36 years young
    Come on gru give him some praise even through gritted teeth

Well done lads. We are going to win this league.

I listened to the 1st half and to be fair, we should have scored.
    I watched the 2nd and they played really well, restricted Town to a few corners and hopeful break aways( which we know can end it a goal against). Rathbone seemed to be quiet in the 2nd half, by his own standards. Wiles always prompting form midfield and supporting the attack. Great for Grigg again, typical Grigg goal. Never saw Reg's goal coming even when he hit it.....but great shot.
    Don't think Icky is the answer to our left side CB problem, might be ok against the "lesser" team but hope it hold together in the bigger games. We will find out this month, come on you Millers......

Watched brief highlights to start with didn't know who was who. Side in red looked to have chances. Can't tell much from that but a sweet strike by Edmunds Green for our 2nd goal. Comments on here same as I said Ihiekwe not comfortable left side of defence. I still prefer Harding there. I did praise Wood after last home game it's just I'm thinking championship again next season be beyond him now in that.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Watched brief highlights to start with didn't know who was who. Side in red looked to have chances. Can't tell much from that but a sweet strike by Edmunds Green for our 2nd goal. Comments on here same as I said Ihiekwe not comfortable left side of defence. I still prefer Harding there. I did praise Wood after last home game it's just I'm thinking championship again next season be beyond him now in that.
    Think this season not next, yet! Wood is immense in his play and captaincy. If I were a betting man I would still say he will be here next season probably as part of the management team if he wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Could be that expectations have been raised (Oh, it's only Cheltenham and they got stuffed...) so people don't think it's that impressive to get a result that was anticipated.

Or, could be that most postees on here can only be stirred to action when something negative happens (see my earlier reference to Wendy).
    It’s not just today. It’s been the last few weeks. We have only conceded 9 goals this season. To say 4 of them were against Fleetwood that’s remarkable and only Wigan have conceded less goals. We also have more clean sheets than anyone else with 6. So the usual cries for a defensive coach, Warne isn’t a good fit and wiles is a manager’s favourite narrative doesn’t fit reality.
    So instead of saying they are happy to be proved wrong by recent performances. They just stay away.

A great result because its great to go into an international break with a win.It means you can 'park it' for a fortnight,have time out and reset without the need to make amends.

I'm Surprised Warne is clueless from a tactical point of view and his substitutions are rubbish haven't been regurgitated as well
    According to Bolton fans we were the only team to nullify their main threat in their LW Afolayan and yesterday was text book in how to win a football match.
    Haven't heard the new Signings are poor and it's about time we replaced Rob Scott for a few matches either

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast