+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Rams Survive - the stats confirm it

The bottom 5 based on current points won extrapolated over the season is .....

20. Peterborough 46
    21. Derby 56 -12 = 44
    22. Cardiff 36
    23. Hull 30
    24. Barnsley 26

Get docked another 9 and we struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The bottom 5 based on current points won extrapolated over the season is .....

20. Peterborough 46
    21. Derby 56 -12 = 44
    22. Cardiff 36
    23. Hull 30
    24. Barnsley 26

Get docked another 9 and we struggle.
    Unless we can string together some wins we are doomed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    There’s lies, damned lies and statistics. But after a business lifetime taking on The Man using stats to support my position, IMO they tell the truth more than they deceive.

I’ll be recasting this after every ‘round’ of games whether you like it or not and yes it will ebb and flow through the season but to put my money where my mouth is I’ll slip into honest Joes on Monday and pop a tenner on it
    Are we to assume that the absence of any ‘recasting’ since October 24th means you’ve ‘recast’ your view on statistics ‘telling the truth’ and reclaimed your tenner?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Are we to assume that the absence of any ‘recasting’ since October 24th means you’ve ‘recast’ your view on statistics ‘telling the truth’ and reclaimed your tenner?
    Stats ALWAYS tell the truth, I've been busy

Stats ALWAYS tell the truth
    .... but less so than lies and damned lies

Stats ALWAYS tell the truth, I've been busy
    Well...aside from such factors as faulty polling, flawed correlations, selective bias, unsuitably small sample size and misleading data visualisation...you might be right.
    Be interesting to see how your ‘stats’ based forecast of 2nd October holds up. Much as I’d love it to...it’s not looking great at the moment.

My computations are still looking good - based on every team's last SIX games form (and that includes our last loss) we survive (on the pitch) easily, finishing four****th. We also survive based on our form every week but one going right back to our first points being declared in admin

Using simple extrapolation of PPG over a 46 game season, Reading will end with 40.48 points. Derby will have 40.92 and a better GD, Safe.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Using simple extrapolation of PPG over a 46 game season, Reading will end with 40.48 points. Derby will have 40.92 and a better GD, Safe.
    ...and it would have some validity if this were a ‘level playing field’ of a season...but it isn’t and I fear the EFL will either see us lose the players the PPG extrapolation is based on, or dock us some more points.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ...and it would have some validity if this were a ‘level playing field’ of a season...but it isn’t and I fear the EFL will either see us lose the players the PPG extrapolation is based on, or dock us some more points.
    Rumoured Admin has accepted Thirty grand from Wigan for Shinnie, yes, 30 grand. Bloody ridiculous. 300K would be fine but 30K is a joke.

Also rumoured Leeds and Toon plus others are looking at Knight for £8M. Cash flow problem solved, if true.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)