+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mcpake

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Club just dosent have a good frontman in Nelms and a manager who has a secure job but has lost a helluva lot of fans goodwill.

There really does seem to be fairly big problems at the moment but they are much more fixable in top league than 2nd tier.

Short term.....we just have to stay up and try to build a better atmosphere.

Best atmospher this season....St m with around 3k in the ground.....wonder why? ��

Medium term.....we simply have to find a way to swap home ends and bring our fans together.

Longer term, the ground situation has to be addressed once and for all.....moving or not......this road to nowhere where nothing can be improved at our current home because there's a promise of a new ground can't drag on much longer.....it's killing the very soul of the club.

Ken the film Mrs doubtfire.....Robin Williams gets a job with the tv company behind the scenes.....and he's watching the bairns presenter boring the pants aff ahh bugger with the dinosaurs...that's how I see DFC...this is how we do it, this is how we will continue even though it's ****.

We really need fresh eyes within the club and try and do things a bit differently.
    Some sensible suggestions. Would like to try Shankly as Home support. Our worst result was the draw with Livi. The bottom teams are all must win games for us,imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Let's agree to disagree. I think he has the dressing room and he has acted on the principle of giving them a chance to play in the top league. Seems that Celtic and this recent game have been the only real failures to be competitive.
    There was also a tactical failure against the dabs, zero fight v st j in cup game when we went behind and completely losing our grip on things v hibs.

Derek McInnes would be a huge upgrade on James Mcpake, he's available.

I think it's difficult to turn things round once you have lost the fans (especially at Dens) not as important as the dressing room but still important.....I reckon a large % of our support have had it with Mcpake even if he wins next 3.

3 players supposedly on trial this week but seems like papering over the cracks when you need the plasterer in.

Adam injury has been crucial but in all honesty he was always going to miss a number if games at his advancing years.

Griffiths thing is infuriating, so easily avoidable but it's Griffiths......but the double standards in Scottish football with Gerrard and dab manager is laughable.....

Let's agree to disagree. I think he has the dressing room and he has acted on the principle of giving them a chance to play in the top league. Seems that Celtic and this recent game have been the only real failures to be competitive.
    He has a dressing room which, by his own admission, is a Championship one - he caused that and I can't see how he can change it.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Why would you not have Dees in the Shankly, we have been in all parts of the ground, as have away fans over the years, the Derry and Shankly being close together, plus players entering the field from nearby will surely help atmosphere,

I don’t buy the police/trouble thing, away fans used to be in Provie and TCK in the past, when trouble was rife
    Just don't see moving the same people from one stand to an identical one will change anything, proximity might even cause the whingers and Coxy Coos to get abuse from The Derry.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Just don't see moving the same people from one stand to an identical one will change anything, proximity might even cause the whingers and Coxy Coos to get abuse from The Derry.
    Absolute nonsence.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    John Nelms should get lessons from the Watford FC board of directors who have just sacked their manager as a result of only two wins and a draw from their first seven Premier League games this season.
    Meanwhile we have not won a league game this season and still John Nelms does nothing.
    They’ve had 17 managers in 10 years. Is that really the way you want the club run?

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    Absolute nonsence.
    A cogent and considered counter argument. I won't even mention the obvious thing.

I expect no less from you right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    He has a dressing room which, by his own admission, is a Championship one - he caused that and I can't see how he can change it.
    He was expecting better performances and I am sure his players thought that they could deliver them for him. It seems that it has not worked out. Griffiths has missed chances to score. Would like to see him and Adam on the pitch before giving up on McPake's management of our club.

He was expecting better performances and I am sure his players thought that they could deliver them for him. It seems that it has not worked out. Griffiths has missed chances to score. Would like to see him and Adam on the pitch before giving up on McPake's management of our club.
    I'm pretty certain he'll get many more games and I'm not shouting for his head yet either. I hope he can turn it round, just don't think he will.

And we all know what hope does.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)