+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer banter thingy

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Cantankerous? Me? Never. But I like my seat in Coxy and the parking options and escape times after the match are 100% better than they would be from Shankly. Suits me better and don't care about anyone else (mumble, grumble).

The hoses will have perished away to nothing by the time anything worthwhile happens to Dens.
    Both you and Rross have made good points in this discussion about using the Shankly for our home support. For me it seems to be a worthwhile experiment. Would like to know how it could be done without moving supporters from where they normally sit. Seems to me that the club could make some commercial decisions and try to sell the Shankly for some specific game where the away support could easily be housed in the Mainer sections ABC. Maybe give some of the sponsors extra tickets for the Shankly. Monitor the response by keeping a note of the usage. The St John's Academy link seems an obvious potential source as do all the families of our youths. It seems to me that our youth set up is good so we must as a club work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    The tck end has never ever been the traditional home end , I’ve been going to dens since 1960 and at that time we went in any end usually we wanted swapping ends at half time , then after segregation soon after that rangers game where stein was sent off and the bottles went flying , Dundee took the provie only taking the tck end while the provie was under construction, only time that changed was the league cup final when the dabs got the provie
    Home end LC final and many games late seventies, early eighties also unnoficially segregated on many occasions and at one point stand enclosure and Derry home ends with behind both goals away end.

Oh and **** the SNP.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Both you and Rross have made good points in this discussion about using the Shankly for our home support. For me it seems to be a worthwhile experiment. Would like to know how it could be done without moving supporters from where they normally sit. Seems to me that the club could make some commercial decisions and try to sell the Shankly for some specific game where the away support could easily be housed in the Mainer sections ABC. Maybe give some of the sponsors extra tickets for the Shankly. Monitor the response by keeping a note of the usage. The St John's Academy link seems an obvious potential source as do all the families of our youths. It seems to me that our youth set up is good so we must as a club work on that.
    For me Bcram, no point in splitting an already small support, you have to move lick, stock and barrel.

No point in 300 in shankly, 1200 in Cox, dilutes the atmosphere even more.

Lock,..no lick...my eyesight poor, yet such a good golfer.😎

Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    For me Bcram, no point in splitting an already small support, you have to move lick, stock and barrel.

No point in 300 in shankly, 1200 in Cox, dilutes the atmosphere even more.
    Was kind of in agreement with Deeranges point about moving the Cox remoaners as a block to the Shankly. Thought there might be a way to get the club to promote the Shankly for a specific game. They tried to help when I was encouraging all the PATG fans to sell out the Derry. Just wondered if there might be something in trying to build a crowd for the Shankly.

Was kind of in agreement with Deeranges point about moving the Cox remoaners as a block to the Shankly. Thought there might be a way to get the club to promote the Shankly for a specific game. They tried to help when I was encouraging all the PATG fans to sell out the Derry. Just wondered if there might be something in trying to build a crowd for the Shankly.
    I think you look 200 hundred yards down the road.

The shed was much more their traditional end than the provvy rd / cox was or has ever been for us.....our main end has always been the Derry.

If they can move from a real traditional end and make a success of it I don't see why we can't.

I'd be interested to see if the dabs would want to move back to the shed from the btm goal if the shed was ever rebuilt to modern standards.....I suspect possibly not.

P.s I had given up on it ever happening but I was given a wee bit of encouragement Sunday that there maybe a change coming soon with possibly a different way of thinking.....here's hoping.

P.s I had given up on it ever happening but I was given a wee bit of encouragement Sunday that there maybe a change coming soon with possibly a different way of thinking.....here's hoping.
    Let's hope that more will come from this. Need to find a way to sell the idea to the club?

Hope so, would definitely make a difference.

Lock,..no lick...my eyesight poor, yet such a good golfer.��

Strange
    As long as you hit your golf ball straight up the middle of the fairway and ensure that your shots to the green end up close to the pin you do not need to worry about your poor eyesight.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)