+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer banter thingy

At the Ross County game on Wednesday 27th October 2021 I would put the Ross County supporters in the Away section of the Main Stand and open up the Bob Shankly Stand to Dundee supporters with a PATG turnstile.
    I would also put the St Johnstone supporters in sections A, B and C of the Main Stand when we play them at home on Wednesday 1st December 2021. That would make it easier for the stewards and Police Scotland officers to identify any of the St Johnstone supporters who throw a flare or a bottle towards the pitch.
    Again I would open up the Bob Shankly Stand to Dundee supporters with a PATG turnstile.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    At the Ross County game on Wednesday 27th October 2021 I would put the Ross County supporters in the Away section of the Main Stand and open up the Bob Shankly Stand to Dundee supporters with a PATG turnstile.
    I would also put the St Johnstone supporters in sections A, B and C of the Main Stand when we play them at home on Wednesday 1st December 2021. That would make it easier for the stewards and Police Scotland officers to identify any of the St Johnstone supporters who throw a flare or a bottle towards the pitch.
    Again I would open up the Bob Shankly Stand to Dundee supporters with a PATG turnstile.
    Opening the Shankly stand won't result in more supporters / better atmosphere. Al it would do is spread out an already sparse sparse crowd and possibly reduce the atmosphere as a result.

At last, you’re making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Opening the Shankly stand won't result in more supporters / better atmosphere. Al it would do is spread out an already sparse sparse crowd and possibly reduce the atmosphere as a result.
    Take it you weren’t at Motherwell cup game?

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    Take it you weren’t at Motherwell cup game?
    The game before we all realised the team can't score and leaks goals like a sieve?

No extra fans will come along to see a failing side against Ross fkn County

I want us to SWITCH home ends, but I'd accept this as a starting point.

You defo hear fans in cox more from shankly, even though I've no doubt Derry is louder...accoustics don't work.

If this was gonna be a permanent thing I'd try and incentivise our younger fans to go there.....make it their own.

They got nothing but hassle in the Derry, seen it with my own eyes.

Or allowing an open tic sorta thing for supporters clubs to sit together there.

There's plenty that can be done if there's a will instead of a "no we cannae because".....

I'm sure one poster said if it ain't broke.
    Well imo it is broke and needs new ideas like have been suggested. Only prob I see is making the old bill earn there cash for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Well imo it is broke and needs new ideas like have been suggested. Only prob I see is making the old bill earn there cash for a change.
    In the old days they walked round the pitch, no body armour and stuff. If it was a Ross County game you would hope the police would have very little to do.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Maybe you can explain why taking me from my seat in The Coxy to the same seat in The Shankly is going to fix anything and make the team score goals because so far nobody else has been able to? Will it make me a more vocal supporter? Will it make me louder? Will the team automatically be able to score goals? No, none of these.

It aint broke, the Coxy / Shankly is not the issue - The Derry is the issue along with diabolical stewarding muting the younger guys there and the police letting away fans do WTF they want whilst Dundee fans are expected to sit on their hands. That and the fact the team we have right now can't score and let in stupid goals for fun. If away fans were in The Coxy we'd still have them doing WTF they wanted whilst we were sitting on our hands.

Nothing to do with me, you or Billy Big Deefan sitting in one end of the ground or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Maybe you can explain why taking me from my seat in The Coxy to the same seat in The Shankly is going to fix anything and make the team score goals because so far nobody else has been able to? Will it make me a more vocal supporter? Will it make me louder? Will the team automatically be able to score goals? No, none of these.

It aint broke, the Coxy / Shankly is not the issue - The Derry is the issue along with diabolical stewarding muting the younger guys there and the police letting away fans do WTF they want whilst Dundee fans are expected to sit on their hands. That and the fact the team we have right now can't score and let in stupid goals for fun. If away fans were in The Coxy we'd still have them doing WTF they wanted whilst we were sitting on our hands.

Nothing to do with me, you or Billy Big Deefan sitting in one end of the ground or the other.
    It will make a difference by getting the SE closer to another group of home supporters IMO. I also think Rross suggestion about trying to get a younger PATG element might be well worth trying. Selling tickets for SE and Coxy might seem less exciting than a new deal for a game in the Shankly.
    Very disappointed with your attitude to the Ross County game. Think it will be major marker for us and it is a must win game. We just have to start beating the bottom half teams and I would have hoped that you would want as much support as possible for the team. Apologies if I misinterpreted your comment.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)