+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer banter thingy

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Maybe you can explain why taking me from my seat in The Coxy to the same seat in The Shankly is going to fix anything and make the team score goals because so far nobody else has been able to? Will it make me a more vocal supporter? Will it make me louder? Will the team automatically be able to score goals? No, none of these.

It aint broke, the Coxy / Shankly is not the issue - The Derry is the issue along with diabolical stewarding muting the younger guys there and the police letting away fans do WTF they want whilst Dundee fans are expected to sit on their hands. That and the fact the team we have right now can't score and let in stupid goals for fun. If away fans were in The Coxy we'd still have them doing WTF they wanted whilst we were sitting on our hands.

Nothing to do with me, you or Billy Big Deefan sitting in one end of the ground or the other.
    Ill try.

Won't make you more vocal....but you may join in if others are more vocal.

Yes if we are scoring and winning but admittedly it's no aimed at auld gadgers like us

Yes I think we score more, crowd willed the ball in v st m after ump**** corners.

We must be the only club in world football that dosent use a slope and normal direction of the wind to our advantage.

Having 4000 to 5000 in one half of the park will make a massive difference.....at the moment we have 3 separate fan bases, the generally encouraging Derry, the Emirates like Cox and God's ****ing waiting room in the main stand.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    I'm sure one poster said if it ain't broke.
    Well imo it is broke and needs new ideas like have been suggested. Only prob I see is making the old bill earn there cash for a change.
    I think it's broke.

Maybe you can explain why taking me from my seat in The Coxy to the same seat in The Shankly is going to fix anything and make the team score goals because so far nobody else has been able to? Will it make me a more vocal supporter? Will it make me louder? Will the team automatically be able to score goals? No, none of these.

It aint broke, the Coxy / Shankly is not the issue - The Derry is the issue along with diabolical stewarding muting the younger guys there and the police letting away fans do WTF they want whilst Dundee fans are expected to sit on their hands. That and the fact the team we have right now can't score and let in stupid goals for fun. If away fans were in The Coxy we'd still have them doing WTF they wanted whilst we were sitting on our hands.

Nothing to do with me, you or Billy Big Deefan sitting in one end of the ground or the other.
    I did say 5 or 6 years ago treating the younger fans like we did would hurt us....over the coming years.

I moaned on here for months about what was going on......but most respected, the council and the polis went on their merry way.

Dens could in its day be fairly intimidating for opposistion teams, now you bring 600 to Dens it feels like a home game.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    It will make a difference by getting the SE closer to another group of home supporters IMO. I also think Rross suggestion about trying to get a younger PATG element might be well worth trying. Selling tickets for SE and Coxy might seem less exciting than a new deal for a game in the Shankly.
    Very disappointed with your attitude to the Ross County game. Think it will be major marker for us and it is a must win game. We just have to start beating the bottom half teams and I would have hoped that you would want as much support as possible for the team. Apologies if I misinterpreted your comment.
    What's the point of getting the SE closer to another group of home supporters when the vociferous element in the SE are not allowed to be boisterous and get lobbed out and probably banned for daring to stand up?

We won't increase PATG, young or old, until we start winning regularly.

Ross County are not a big draw for the casual supporter who only attends rarely due to either not being turned on by the football any more or having to pick and choose their games. Yes, I want as much support as possible for the games against lower placed sides that we need to be beating but even as a season ticket holder of many years I'm finding it harder by the year to face games against Ross County, St. Johnstone, Livingston and the like - orse against Arbroath, Raith Rovers and Alloa of course. That's mainly because of the lack of entertainment from Dundee FC though and not only because these clubs are less attractive to me.

There is away to get numbers in for the Ross County game and that's to reduce the PATG cost to a reasonable level, however it's been proven that this doesn't attract enough additional numbers for it to be financially viable i.e. the club loses out. One thing the club will never do deliberately is lose out financially. Dundee FC would rather be guaranteed 3,000 of its fans attend at £30 than take a chance on 4,500 turning up at £20 (numbers for illustration purposes only). Been like that since day one of the Americans and in all honesty who can blame them?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I did say 5 or 6 years ago treating the younger fans like we did would hurt us....over the coming years.

I moaned on here for months about what was going on......but most respected, the council and the polis went on their merry way.

Dens could in its day be fairly intimidating for opposistion teams, now you bring 600 to Dens it feels like a home game.
    I know you did; must be shyte being right all the time.

On the subject of 600 away fans effectively 'taking over' the atmosphere - that's gonna be the case with them anywhere in the ground as it is right now because the cause of the lack of atmosphere is at the place we'd never give up as a home fan area. 600 away fans dance about, throw smoke bombs and stand in aisles unchallenged (Shankly, Coxy or Mainer) whilst our young squad get put out of The Derry for having a flag that somebody completely out of touch with them, some would say completely out of touch with reality, deems 'offensive'.

Best of luck to the guy looking to start taking a drum into The Derry, he'll have it taken off him at some point and have to go to the heady's office later to get it back.

I think you need to be in the Main Stand next Saturday near the directors' box; maybe give some more advice to the man in charge in your own inimitable way?

What's the point of getting the SE closer to another group of home supporters when the vociferous element in the SE are not allowed to be boisterous and get lobbed out and probably banned for daring to stand up?

We won't increase PATG, young or old, until we start winning regularly.

Ross County are not a big draw for the casual supporter who only attends rarely due to either not being turned on by the football any more or having to pick and choose their games. Yes, I want as much support as possible for the games against lower placed sides that we need to be beating but even as a season ticket holder of many years I'm finding it harder by the year to face games against Ross County, St. Johnstone, Livingston and the like - orse against Arbroath, Raith Rovers and Alloa of course. That's mainly because of the lack of entertainment from Dundee FC though and not only because these clubs are less attractive to me.

There is away to get numbers in for the Ross County game and that's to reduce the PATG cost to a reasonable level, however it's been proven that this doesn't attract enough additional numbers for it to be financially viable i.e. the club loses out. One thing the club will never do deliberately is lose out financially. Dundee FC would rather be guaranteed 3,000 of its fans attend at £30 than take a chance on 4,500 turning up at £20 (numbers for illustration purposes only). Been like that since day one of the Americans and in all honesty who can blame them?
    Not about getting huge increase in numbers for me, it's about creating something a wee bit different.....the encouragement Mwell get is brilliant for a club similarly sized to us with st m not far behind.

We aint gonna create anything with 3 completely separate sections at the same game......let's be one bigger section.

I know you did; must be shyte being right all the time.

On the subject of 600 away fans effectively 'taking over' the atmosphere - that's gonna be the case with them anywhere in the ground as it is right now because the cause of the lack of atmosphere is at the place we'd never give up as a home fan area. 600 away fans dance about, throw smoke bombs and stand in aisles unchallenged (Shankly, Coxy or Mainer) whilst our young squad get put out of The Derry for having a flag that somebody completely out of touch with them, some would say completely out of touch with reality, deems 'offensive'.

Best of luck to the guy looking to start taking a drum into The Derry, he'll have it taken off him at some point and have to go to the heady's office later to get it back.

I think you need to be in the Main Stand next Saturday near the directors' box; maybe give some more advice to the man in charge in your own inimitable way?
    In all seriousness I took a lot of shyte for being a doom monger about it but it's there for all to see now.

I generally (hard to believe) don't usually moan at the game but I have to bite my tongue at some of the ****s around me who gripe moan, complain from 1st kick.

We are late to the party with "ultras" "youth section" whatever you want to call it but better late then never.....boy we the drum ****ing crack on I say.......

They are playing **** at the moment but another example is dumfermline, that's the set up I'd like to see at Dens, away fans as far away as poss, home fans round one half of the ground.

Not about getting huge increase in numbers for me, it's about creating something a wee bit different.....the encouragement Mwell get is brilliant for a club similarly sized to us with st m not far behind.

We aint gonna create anything with 3 completely separate sections at the same game......let's be one bigger section.
    The backing Motherwell get from a small band of younger supporters located in a stand right beside the away fans where they can noise people up and create the atmosphere that way you mean?

Same at Perth except they have young mutants with webbed fingers instead of people.

Need to keep our noisy element near away fans to give them something to goad surely? Would removing away fans even further from the noisy Dundee fans possibly be counter productive?

In all seriousness I took a lot of shyte for being a doom monger about it but it's there for all to see now.

I generally (hard to believe) don't usually moan at the game but I have to bite my tongue at some of the ****s around me who gripe moan, complain from 1st kick.

We are late to the party with "ultras" "youth section" whatever you want to call it but better late then never.....boy we the drum ****ing crack on I say.......
    I stopped moaning at the games years ago, you need to feel connected to the club at least in a small way to care enough to moan about them.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)