+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Beer banter thingy

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I don't need an excuse to stop going, if I wanted to stop going - I'd stop going and imagine a lot of people will be of the same mindset. I just can't see any justification in changing the home end and moving from seat L 120 in Coxy to L 120 in Shankly.

Just no valid reason for it but plenty valid reasons not to do it.
    I don’t think there are any fans, yourself included who would stop going because they had to move stands,

simple question, how many times over the years have you said out loud or to yourself that you weren’t going back

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I don’t think there are any fans, yourself included who would stop going because they had to move stands,

simple question, how many times over the years have you said out loud or to yourself that you weren’t going back
    I'd been in every end of Dens, wing stand, centre stand, stand enclosure, tck, Derry and provie b4 70s were finished........I said I wasn't going back from every end of the ground.😁

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    OK Deeranged. You win. It won't make any difference so don't do anything. There have been a couple of hints about making the Shankly
    use PATG turnstiles, making the seating free seating so people can sit together, making special efforts to bring in younger fans as examples. Why do nothing? Surely more fans actually help our team. I think we need to try to encourage the team. Sitting waiting for a better team hasn't worked for quite some time. The club owners have decided to give McPake a decent chance to build a team at Dens. I think a blend of youngsters and seasoned pros who actually want to be part of what is being attempted at Dens is worthwhile.

Use the Shankly. Rross is convinced that there would be a benefit. If it helped shore up the SE, then what is wrong with at least giving it a go?

I think our team needs us its twelfth man, now.
    Not about winning.

I've agreed, open the Shankly to PATG and any season ticket holders that want to go there and spread the support, have a knot of fans sitting together in each of the four top corners, make them further away from each other than they are now.

Just don't take the entire Coxy and say 'you must now all sit at the other end because it's about 20 feet closer to The Derry' whilst giving the Coxy to away fans - that would be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post

How many games have there been in that time?

That's probably your answer.

Not about winning.

I've agreed, open the Shankly to PATG and any season ticket holders that want to go there and spread the support, have a knot of fans sitting together in each of the four top corners, make them further away from each other than they are now.

Just don't take the entire Coxy and say 'you must now all sit at the other end because it's about 20 feet closer to The Derry' whilst giving the Coxy to away fans - that would be a disaster.
    Agree it's not about winning.

It's about having 4000 home fans in the same half of the park, at the gym of the slope, with prevailing wind at the teams back, creating a better atmosphere.

Why would it be a "disaster"....not been a disaster for the dabs or hearts.

And it's not 20 feet, noisy part of the Derry and Cox (Where we have most fans) are the length of the park apart....move them to the shankly Iand youd know if someone in the Derry had just farted.

Not about winning.

OK. Got a bit fed up of not reading much positive support for trying to use the Shankly for home fans.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)