+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Halifax Town 05.10.21 [NL]

Head says 0-0. Heart says 0-1

I'm very supportive of the build it up slowly, tippy tappy, total football approach.
    But can I just ask the board, when we've drawn the opposition in - do we spray a long ball behind the opposition?

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post

I'm very supportive of the build it up slowly, tippy tappy, total football approach.
    But can I just ask the board, when we've drawn the opposition in - do we spray a long ball behind the opposition?
    Against Woking an excellent pass from Lacey out to Nemane stands out, I suppose it's a confidence thing as not much room for error.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post

I think the whole point of playing it out from the back by firstly drawing the oppositions attacking players further up the pitch creates space in the middle, between the lines. This is where we miss Doyle because he would be the midfielder that would generally receive this ball and then look to feed either into Wootton's feet or out wide for an attack down the channels. It's not always worked like that for Notts this season, I think this is where we have to persevere with Francis or play Palmer deeper in which case we need Ruben to play a deeper No.10 role.

Mind you we saw against Barnet that given the right circumstances a long ball over the top can be very effective.

Halifax 6 Notts 2. Pitch like an ice rink causes defensive mayhem. Questions will be asked.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Halifax 6 Notts 2. Pitch like an ice rink causes defensive mayhem. Questions will be asked.
    Having no luck with this score prediction malarky (that's why I'm in the 'Also Rans' in the Match Day Bet Competition)
    So, I'm trying a new approach. Take sidders' forecast, reverse it and divide by two. You know it makes sense!

Halifax 1 Notts 3
    Roberts 2, Wootton
    301 magpies and a dog

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Having no luck with this score prediction malarky (that's why I'm in the 'Also Rans' in the Match Day Bet Competition)
    So, I'm trying a new approach. Take sidders' forecast, reverse it and divide by two. You know it makes sense!

Halifax 1 Notts 3
    Roberts 2, Wootton
    301 magpies and a dog
    Interesting formula, but does that mean the away end will consist of 2 magpies and 602 dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Interesting formula, but does that mean the away end will consist of 2 magpies and 602 dogs?
    Do you mean the home end ep? If so, that's no way to talk about the fair maidens of Halifax.

I think it'll be definitely be on, it's really windy up here and it'll blow through.

Another 4-1 kicking in the nads, Rodders penalty.

Halifax 1-3 Notts

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast