+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mowett injury.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I was told today that Mowatt has a broken metatarsal and will not play again this year, worrying news if true. Strange that the Club has made no statement on the matter. Anyone heard anything different?
    According to the photos that were on the club's official Twitter feed earlier he's back in full training. This could of course be a cunning ploy on the club's behalf to keep everyone happy by posting old photos of him in injury free fine form. Now there's a conspiracy theory......

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    According to the photos that were on the club's official Twitter feed earlier he's back in full training. This could of course be a cunning ploy on the club's behalf to keep everyone happy by posting old photos of him in injury free fine form. Now there's a conspiracy theory......
    😄😄

In all seriousness though, a long term injury to Mowatt is definitely not good news if true. I like Snods but he is 34 now and obviously slowed down a bit so very much doubt he can play at the sustained tempo Val's system requires. Not saying he cannot offer something different but hope those photos of Alex back in training are true!

It will be a huge blow if he is out for any length of time. Must admit, I find it strange that there has been no official statement in a fortnight now.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    😄😄

In all seriousness though, a long term injury to Mowatt is definitely not good news if true. I like Snods but he is 34 now and obviously slowed down a bit so very much doubt he can play at the sustained tempo Val's system requires. Not saying he cannot offer something different but hope those photos of Alex back in training are true!
    I'd be surprised if we get anything more than cameos from Snodgrass as cover for Mowatt.

On the limited occasions I've seen him play centrally the game's pretty much passed him by. He doesn't track runners at all well centrally and he's not getting any younger.

Even against Wolves when he did well he started wide but played narrow. Watch him play a starring role against Blues now I've posted that 😊 .

The obvious caveat to that is Snoddy's done well in the middle for the U23s. But a lot of our opponents at U23 level are a mile away from a competitive Championship first team level.

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    Thanks for posting this is very good news, we need to get back to putting wins together, hopefully we can get to the transfer window without too many more injuries, we certainly need to strengthen!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)