+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adcock

Adcock

James Adcock has come out as gay.

Unfortunate surname.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    James Adcock has come out as gay.
    As Mickey Mouse once famously said “Does any one really give a Donald Duck”

To be honest I do not care what people do, what they like or what they get up to behind closed doors, its none of my Business but I do feel there is an agenda to Promote homo***uality as Normal... Normal being the very word the Wokes want banned! At 56, I have never been so confused with modern life! How can a racial tweet be headline news infront of a 2 year old dying of cancer??? What is going on???🤔

Even Superman has a boyfriend, where will it all end?

Spiderman is under investigation after being caught playing with his mates flies !

And get me started on stricktly, oh its devine, its beutiful, marvallous to see two gay dancers! Is it, Is it really. Somebody find me a porthole back to the future....🤷*♂️

Don't know if I'm super woke or something.... But homo***uality is normal. Its seen in all animals and.

I don't thinks is newsworthy that someone I've never heard of (with a humourous name) is gay. Who cares?

Glad there are same *** couples dancing on Strictly, I don't watch the programme and I don't watch soap operas but it is right that all groups of the community are shown and represented in these programmes imo.

Maybe but why the special praise Sam? Im not alone with my thinking! People are breaking the rules to what was originally set out, especially history, phrases, words that are suddenly offensive. Its a shame im so old fashioned and im sure the programe has gained a new audience but at the cost of how many?

I'm with Sam on this one.

I wouldn't consider myself "woke" and actively dislike much of the bullying and aggression that's going on right now, rather than permitting, or engaging in, what should be a healthy debate, and an attempt at a mutual understanding of some sensitive issues. There's a world of difference being deliberately offensive, and innocently not using a word that would be considered pc. I think the intention behind our words is what is actually the most important. But that's for another thread.

However, having said that, I can understand why people don't like the word normal. In so much as it's antonym is abnormal and the implication that's what we are, if we are not deemed to fit into whatever society deems as normal at any point in time. For somebody to be described as abnormal for their s e xuality isn't nice or fair. Anyway, I'm not sure what normal really is, and I'm pretty sure I'm not it.

I don't happen to think it's any of anyone else's business what s e xuality anyone is, and ideally it shouldn't be newsworthy. That it is, just goes to show that homos e xuality still isn't fully accepted. People shouldn't have to "come out" but equally it's the coming out of high profile people over the years, which has enabled others to be more open about their s e xuality. Much in the same way I thought it positive that Tyrone spoke about his mental health issues. His mental health status is nobody's business but his own, but I'm sure he's helped people by being open about it.

Like Sam, I think two men dancing together on Strictly is a good thing. If it means a t e e n boy who has feelings for other boy being able to be open and honest about this and feeling okay - then great. I don't think the ratings should matter. It's just about enabling people to feel accepted.
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 13-10-2021 at 06:37 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)