+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next 3 games end of quarter

“ I have recently had a chat with one of our players and was told that the players love working under TC.”
    That’s brilliant to hear as I was worried about more experienced pros taking the p1ss due to his lack of experience at the top level. Thought it might all go a bit Cathro. The Fuchs incident has probably bought him a few extra brownie points with the players too. Let’s keep our fingers crossed Max can be a solution to our goal scoring.

From what I can gather, Mulgrew and TC were pals before Charlie signed. I would imagine that Mulgrew is acting as a conduit between player and management. I had been worried about Charlies influence on the dressing room as he is such a big character but it seems they have struck a really good balance. I reckon we will see CM taking on a bigger role on our coaching staff as he starts to age. TC apparently has very clear visions and trusts his players to go out and play the right way...and the players are loving the freedom that he is giving them! We have a happy dressing room and the players are buying into the way TC wants to play football....these are really positive signs!

Can get 14 points from 3 goals in 8 games Boat.
    Three 1-0 wins & five 0-0 draws.
    We've actually been quite prolific!

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Can get 14 points from 3 goals in 8 games Boat.
    Three 1-0 wins & five 0-0 draws.
    We've actually been quite prolific!
    Yep it's been a feckin goalfest 🤣

Only avoid relegation? Really? With this squad? Have some belief man!

Its not a transition season either. We have a strong base with some real top top quality in our team with some excellent youngsters knocking on the door. At full strength,with the exception of Celtic, Rangers and Hibs(due to their forward players) we are as good as anyone else in the league. We do need a striker or 2 though but hopefully our new boy is the missing link. Going by the Coventry fans opinion we are on to a winner with him, gives his all so will fit right in with the current team.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Only avoid relegation? Really? With this squad? Have some belief man!

Its not a transition season either. We have a strong base with some real top top quality in our team with some excellent youngsters knocking on the door. At full strength,with the exception of Celtic, Rangers and Hibs(due to their forward players) we are as good as anyone else in the league. We do need a striker or 2 though but hopefully our new boy is the missing link. Going by the Coventry fans opinion we are on to a winner with him, gives his all so will fit right in with the current team.
    I think we will comfortably avoid relegation and top six is definitely possible, especially with the sheep struggling. We do need to start scoring more goals though, and hopefully the new man can hit the ground running. I agree, we do have some quality throughout the team now and have nothing to fear from anyone in this league. This weekend would be a great time to finally get some luck and a decent ref for a change, we showed in the cup game that we can compete with Hibs but we need the breaks this time. Its high time their luck ran out and we need to get right into them from the off, show them no respect whatsoever.

I am struggling to see how this isn't a transitional season! We have a entirely new management team, we have an entire new spine from front to back of players and we are introducing a load of youngsters!
    As for not having belief....the concept of not getting relegated as being our number 1 goal, this should absolutely be our minimum! We are just back into this league and want to build on our success year upon year, this doesn't mean that we can't aspire to be better it just means that we should be looking to consolidate our position in the top flight. You ask, where is my belief? You only believe that we can get into Europe....where is your belief?..we should be trying to win this league!
    At the moment, I am happy that we are looking up the way but we have been there before where we thought we were too good to get relegated and we have seen where that left us! Finishing above the relegation places is a realistic goal, getting into Europe is an achievable goal and winning the league is an inspirational goal! We are not a finished product, we are making progress and I would have taken your hand off if you offered me that we would be in this position at the start of the season. With the final weeks of the Mellon era and the opening game of the season....I don't think you would have found many people that would have seen avoiding relegation as a success!

Avoiding relegation comfortably whilst throwing in wins against The Fun, The Hun and taking something at Parkhead would be satisfactory in my book and we've already completed three of those. Bear in my mind who our manager is--first season ever at this level.

I'm not so sure I'd describe this season as transitional either to be honest. We've had a lot of them in the last 5 years or so with almost entire playing squads changed season to season. We haven't had to do that for a couple of years now and, at the moment, we are tweaking the squad as you'd hope we would be going forward.

I take your point about the manager though, it's easy to argue the point on that alone.

The team this season is best it has been for a while. Next season we lose Fuchs, Mulgrew will be year older etc

We need to try and achieve what we can this season

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)