+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next 3 games end of quarter

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    The team this season is best it has been for a while. Next season we lose Fuchs, Mulgrew will be year older etc

We need to try and achieve what we can this season
    Thats how i see it mate.

Benji(Best Keeper of my lifetime), Fuchs and Levitt won't be here and like you say Mulgrew another year older. We need to take advantage of that and push for something this year.

Weegiearab I dont know what you mean by a new spine to the team. With the exception of marked improvements Levitt and Mulgrew the spine is the same then we have improvements in Scott Mcmann and Sheep pushing L.Smith and lets be honest sheep has been a breath of fresh air. The team and club has some much needed continuity with only improvements being added. Aberdeen are an example of a team in transition season, not us.

I trust we have plans in place. Its looking good, and dee are sh!te after all their bluster. Exceeding my expectations so far. Long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I think we will win at Easter Rd, or at least get something, gonna be a decent away support I reckon

Then as you say we have Motherwell home on 23rd,Livi away midweek on 27th then St Johnstone home 30th so a busy and difficult week that

I think we will get a decent return and be well positioned but will also depend on avoiding more injury set backs and dodgy decisions

Livi away midweek on that surface will be tricky
    Feel similar about this upcoming week of 3 games as a couple weeks ago, the table can really change a lot in this 8 day period for many teams with 9 pts to play for across the board

Motherwell (h)
    Livi (a)
    St Johnstone (h)

I feel less confident about all of these than I did the Hibs game, not to say I think we will do badly but if we come out with 4 pts minimum then that would leave us placed well

If we avoid injuries and dodgy decisions that will help

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    I trust we have plans in place. Its looking good, and dee are sh!te after all their bluster.
    Rab Douglas in the Courier telling us that he predicted, at the start of the season, the Dee would finish above us.

However he thinks its still early days.

The sleeping giant will have to awaken soon.

Does DFC Thomson actually pay him to write such pysh?
    Last edited by Jim_Jam; 21-10-2021 at 10:53 PM.

Great to get the 3 pts from the first of the three games, livi away and st johnstone home will be equally difficult

In the 6 game form table we are top along with Sevco on 14 pts

More impressively, if you just took away game day one then we are top outright in the 9 games since losing just 4 goals (2 pens)

However something has to give, I do feel we'll drop pts this week so delighted we've got that 3 banked

If we are looking at top 6 then you usually get in with 45 pts or so after 33 games, so 15 pts a quarter, we are on 20 with one game left of first quarter

4 of our next 6 are away from home, followed by 5 out of 6 in the city, second quarter ends at dens on new year incidentally

We can still end up with 23 points from this quarter, which is a remarkable amount, considering two defeats in the first four matches.

If we were to have good fortune with injury and suspension, maintain this form and get - say - 20 points from the remaining two thirds we could be on 63+ points. With five matches versus the Top 6 we could probably guess at 7-9 points.

So we could see this team achieve one of our highest ever point totals, if we can keep this going...

Great sums up the whole matchday experience for me yesterday.Our Hospo table was brilliant and the strangers we were sitting with got on so well with us that the whole table went out together at the end of our day.Great to meet up with Shed Boy and his future wife who i have got to say is on a par with Miss Bradford.
    Thanks to Tam and the boys for extending my good run of Hospo results,there were times when i could not see a victory but the boys dug it out yet again.One of the guys at our table looks in here but does not post so thanks again to J and his company for making it such a good day out.

Arabest The Boat.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Great sums up the whole matchday experience for me yesterday.Our Hospo table was brilliant and the strangers we were sitting with got on so well with us that the whole table went out together at the end of our day.Great to meet up with Shed Boy and his future wife who i have got to say is on a par with Miss Bradford.
    Thanks to Tam and the boys for extending my good run of Hospo results,there were times when i could not see a victory but the boys dug it out yet again.One of the guys at our table looks in here but does not post so thanks again to J and his company for making it such a good day out.

Arabest The Boat.
    Great stuff GB 🧡🍺

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca_Sheikh View Post
    We can still end up with 23 points from this quarter, which is a remarkable amount, considering two defeats in the first four matches.

If we were to have good fortune with injury and suspension, maintain this form and get - say - 20 points from the remaining two thirds we could be on 63+ points. With five matches versus the Top 6 we could probably guess at 7-9 points.

So we could see this team achieve one of our highest ever point totals, if we can keep this going...
    It's great that we can look forward like this with confidence at last.

This team has a great mentality and tbh I'm not looking any further than Wednesday night. If they just keep focussed on the next 90 minutes who knows where we might end up.

Sorry troops meant to post my other effort on the Motherwell thread.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)