+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next 3 games end of quarter

Next 3 games end of quarter

Be a good mark to see where we are, wat you think:-

Hibs v Utd - we owe these diving ba$tards one and i can see a 1-1 here
    United v Motherwell - tight prob 2-2 - witH gb and me in rehab after trying to keep up tthe drink with mrsSB in hospo
    Livi v Utd - again i can see a1-1 or 1-0 here so im going for 4-1 us

5 points would give us a nice top six after 11 games. Something I wouldnt have believed at start tbh

I think we will win at Easter Rd, or at least get something, gonna be a decent away support I reckon

Then as you say we have Motherwell home on 23rd,Livi away midweek on 27th then St Johnstone home 30th so a busy and difficult week that

I think we will get a decent return and be well positioned but will also depend on avoiding more injury set backs and dodgy decisions

Livi away midweek on that surface will be tricky

I'd take 4 points right now. TBH, 3 would be great

I would hope for 3 or 4 pts. I will be happy as long as we keep the gap between ourselves and the bottom 4 teams at over 10pts. Not being relegated is our no1 priority this season and not being involved in the relegation dogfight is our 2nd biggest priority....anything above that will be a bonus and the more points on the board means that we can start to look up rather than down!

hibs- 3-0 loss
    motherwell -2-1 loss
    livi -1-0 win

I would be delighted if we bettered any of these predictions!

Wow surprised at that, of course surviving is a priority, but my only focus league wise the rest of this season is top 6 and more would be a bonus, we are right in the mix for it, not looking behind us

We go above Hibs with a win, I genuinely don't think them or Hearts are anything special and ain't writing out off that both are certain to finish above us

I think that because I see this season as a very transitional period for the club, my expectations are very low. The potential sh#te trap of us falling off a cliff is massive...I will see this season as a success if we are sitting mid table at the end of the season and we have built a strong foundation to build on for next year. We have lots of signs of encouragement but we also look a bit fragile in places.
    This is a big step forward for me as I had us looking at being cut a drift at the foot if the table by Christmas...and I am delighted that I am wrong! I have recently had a chat with one of our players and was told that the players love working under TC..this was music to my ears as I thought that his lack of experience would be seen as a weakness in the dressing room. The signing of Charlie Mulgrew has helped this massively and it appears that all the players are buying into TC's vision.
    I would love nothing more than us battling for a European place which is where I think we SHOULD be....but this season...progress on and off the park and a solid platform to build on will be seen as progress!

Good post Weegie.
    We were all settling for 10th at best weren't we?
    Now our hopes have risen about 4 places.
    Early days, 8/38, but I am liking what I'm hearing & seeing.

I get that, I felt that more last season though, survive, build a base, think we have a strong base with a good mix of experience and youth, guys who have played a lot of games for us and know the club, a manager they much prefer to MM (just listening to the Friday show on dutv they have a player each week as guest and you can tell they didn't love it under MM)

To me this is our time and season to say we are back by getting that top six position, so that we can make it a regular thing again, it won't be easy, very competitive league with a good few teams vying for maybe 1/2 places but I will be disappointed a bit if 6 teams or more finish above us

This season we have Benji, we have Fuchs etc, and stability, we should be going for it and aiming for the best we can do this season, imo we are better than a mid table below top six standard right now, just lacking a wee bit up top but otherwise looking strong

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I think that because I see this season as a very transitional period for the club, my expectations are very low. The potential sh#te trap of us falling off a cliff is massive...I will see this season as a success if we are sitting mid table at the end of the season and we have built a strong foundation to build on for next year. We have lots of signs of encouragement but we also look a bit fragile in places.
    This is a big step forward for me as I had us looking at being cut a drift at the foot if the table by Christmas...and I am delighted that I am wrong! I have recently had a chat with one of our players and was told that the players love working under TC..this was music to my ears as I thought that his lack of experience would be seen as a weakness in the dressing room. The signing of Charlie Mulgrew has helped this massively and it appears that all the players are buying into TC's vision.
    I would love nothing more than us battling for a European place which is where I think we SHOULD be....but this season...progress on and off the park and a solid platform to build on will be seen as progress!
    Ye good post Weegie. Even though we are doing better than I or most people had thought points wise at this stage our displays have been a bit of a mixed bag and have probably had our best games against the uglies. Firstly we need to meet our main objective or survival then see where it takes us and top 6 would be great but I'm not too fussed,would love to be in the mix for that pre split though but we're maybe a 15/20 goal a season striker away from that.

When you look at our record and BTW i'm not complaining anything but however i reckon our points to goal ratio must be a Scottish top flight if not european first.How we can accumulate 14 points having scored only 5 goals in 8 games?.
    Its truly amazing but there can be no doubt we have deserved the wins and draws that i have witnessed but we really need to start scoring more goals,lets just hope our new striker can finally get a forward on the scoresheet.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)