+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: £150 million on Eurolottery

Last vinyl I bought when it came out was Trick of the Tail, which I loved. I got a turntable about a year ago and bought an old copy of Trespass on Ebay thinking I’d get the rest that way, but I never did. Seen the price of old vinyl recently?

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Last vinyl I bought when it came out was Trick of the Tail, which I loved. I got a turntable about a year ago and bought an old copy of Trespass on Ebay thinking I’d get the rest that way, but I never did. Seen the price of old vinyl recently?
    I probably have about 250 vinyl albums (mainly from period 1970-1980) and never play them nowadays (since I bought wireless speakers) so they are just sitting gathering dust.

Like my football programmes, I would be happy to sell if there was a simple solution, as opposed to all the hassle of the post and packaging required for individual sales.

Don’t mention vinyl 😢, had literally 100’s of LP’s as when I was about 15/16 had a sat job in Virgin records in Manchester, £10 or 4 albums (plus the ones “liberated” &#128512… got about 100 left now up in the loft, quite a few signed by the bands… we have a “hifi” Sony or JVC not sure also in the loft which has a turntable… when I bought my last car the CD player was £100 extra, if it would have been a 6 cd auto changer like BMW used to have may have considered it but with DAB, Planet Rock will do.. looked at Genesis in McR, best part of a grand for a front seat… no thanks.. also going to see Saxon & Whitesnake/Foreinger/Europe next year but to put in context growing up late 70’s/80’s rock.. David Coverdale was 70 last week 😢

I've got a 15yr old nephew who loves retro stuff and wants a cassette player for his birthday... A cassette player!
    He was astounded when I gave him some 7" picture disc singles and thought that I was having him on when I told him that there was one song each side

All my vinyl went to the tip when my ex-wife “persuaded” me that they were taking up V­ital space and CDs were the future. I miss them records.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    All my vinyl went to the tip when my ex-wife “persuaded” me that they were taking up V­ital space and CDs were the future. I miss them records.
    I feel your pain brother

Here's a picture of Phil Collins performing with Genesis on stage at Edinburgh recently. I can't see how you can describe this as "not entertaining"?

Name:  b09386732a3057cd4ef347eb29f5d38f--empire-michael-okeefe.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  46.1 KB
    Last edited by Piglet_Phoenix; 08-10-2021 at 06:44 PM.

For some reason I always thing of Genesis fans and Phil Collins fans as two entirely different types,A Genesis fan is an old progy bloke like Griff and Phil Collins fans as older females usually housewives,would this be correct?

I saw Genesis in 1972, second group to Lindisfarne.

Saw Lindisfarne at the City Hall in Newcastle, about 1972, then in Preston when I was working there, then at the Cheese and Grain in Frome when they were on their way down. Still love their music though.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)