+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: £150 million on Eurolottery

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet_Phoenix View Post

Popo, smarten yourself up, Charver.
    Thanks for clearing that up piggy 🙄

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet_Phoenix View Post
    You're welcome.
    I just thought that you might have some interesting wildlife around where you live that's all,I used to talk to another poster called Tundra Wolf on footymad who was Canadian and he used to post some great photos of where he lived and what animals he saw

We had a skunk pass our house last night, I don't have a photo as the little b*ggers are elusive.

Extractor fans in all three bathrooms and the kitchen were cranked up to max and all my exterior lights flicked on.

The smell is utterly horrific. Nothing prepares you for it.

Anyway, I've worked in a location where bald eagles are more numerous than you can count and fly so close to your head you could touch them. I also frequently spend time on the open ocean with whales (you can't get too close by law but if you switch your engine off they'll come and check you out). Recently I encountered a beautiful pair of coyotes and their young, but you have to have your exit strategy properly defined when that happens.

I've never seen a bear in the wild, but have had multiple interesting encounters with raccoons (don't start, I'm not Welsh).

I envy you piglet I really do,to sail out to see whales would be a magical moment for me as obviously I've never seen one,I got excited seeing porpoises in Cornwall once so you can imagine my reaction at a whale passing by,I'm not so sure about the skunk mind as other people have also mentioned how bad their smell is if you scare them,I think that if you get it in your clothes then you may as well throw them away,maybe that £150 million euro win could come in useful after all going to see all the wildlife I could manage before I pop off,you are very lucky piglet

We had an encounter with a bear when we were sitting around a firepit by Lake Minden one night. Didn’t hear it but I heard the rustling and the dog was going mad. When we saw the two golden pin-pricks that were his eyes we legged it back indoors. Black bear most likely. We smelled skunk from about a mile away, a nasty, acrid smell and you don’t want to be too near them barcode buggers. Met chipmunk on walks and plenty of beaver* in the lake. I caught a pike!

* fill yer boots.

£3 win last night.... that should be enough to buy the shares of the three individual owners at the price they paid

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    We had an encounter with a bear when we were sitting around a firepit by Lake Minden one night. Didn’t hear it but I heard the rustling and the dog was going mad. When we saw the two golden pin-pricks that were his eyes we legged it back indoors. Black bear most likely. We smelled skunk from about a mile away, a nasty, acrid smell and you don’t want to be too near them barcode buggers. Met chipmunk on walks and plenty of beaver* in the lake. I caught a pike!

* fill yer boots.
    How did you know that it was a bear in the woods if you could only see it's eyes,it might have been some local pervert spying on you and a romantic Mrs Griff and hoping to get an eyeful and howcome you had a dog with you,you've got all of those beautiful lakes and scenery on Cumbria Griff so why the hell did you deserve to take your foreign holiday by another bloody lake,you got homesick or summat,I knew somebody who lived on the IoW and wanted to go to the Scilly isles for her holiday,I mean why do that,it's bleeding smaller than where she lives?
    So many questions that needs to answered 🤔

If you shine a torch at something, most animals will show two silver eyes. Black bears shine gold. The dog belonged to Mrsgriffsbrother who lives over there. We had a week travelling around then another week in a cottage by this lake. We did the opposite to your friend because Canada is bloody massive.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    If you shine a torch at something, most animals will show two silver eyes. Black bears shine gold
    That's very interesting Griff,I didn't know that 😎

Let's not forget that one of the greatest bands EVER came out of Canada and they are the wonderful Barenaked Ladies,I've had a ticket to see them live at the Cambridge Corn Exchange for over two years now but it keeps getting pushed back due to the bug,did you ever get to see Steve Hackett Griffy?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)