+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who can put a positive spin on this?

Who can put a positive spin on this?

Sadly I wasn't too surprised when we capitulated again tonight, we have a team that is mentally weak when pressure is exerted and mid table is the best we can hope for with the current squad. Still not too sure about the manager, if he's approved the players brought in then he needs to take a long hard look at what he's achieved so far this season.

It all went to pot when Slocombe, Lacey, Rawlinson and Cameron were out? We replaced with youth players and it shows.

What worries me is where now are the next 3 points coming from? Can't see another until at least mid December?

That OP title sets a challenge, especially minutes after the final whistle, but here goes...

The only way I can see a positive out of Saturday and tonight is if some of our young players learn something from this bitter experience going forward. They do say you learn more in defeat than victory, but we need to see the evidence of that before much longer.

Simply isn't a positive spin after last 2 matches, however I'm pretty sure usual some will try.

The positives were Ruben and some good play at the start of the second half. That was about it apart from the fans still turn up for a wet, cold night in Halifax to be let down again.

Burchnall's team couldn't hold on to a lead if it had a week-old puppy on the other end. Please note that our ex-manager, who we so enjoyed castigating, is now several positions above us in the table. This man is not the answer.

The only positive is Wrexham and Stockport are below us, for now although they have a game in hand.

In fact that is more annoying because we could have should have plenty of points in the bag compared to them and be 2nd tonight and not Boring Wood a team that only attracts 600 fans. How sobering because it's not what Woking and Halifax did that won them the points, it's what we didn't do which we gifted them both three points each and that is unforgivable.

Actually the positive is these past two games have shown us how important Slocombe, Cameron, Lacey and Rawlinson are to this club and squad and also mention to JOB who if we had more players with the heart, hunger and desire of JOB we would not have folded so easily in the past two games.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 05-10-2021 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    That OP title sets a challenge, especially minutes after the final whistle, but here goes...

The only way I can see a positive out of Saturday and tonight is if some of our young players learn something from this bitter experience going forward. They do say you learn more in defeat than victory, but we need to see the evidence of that before much longer.
    It could turn out to be a positive if our owners and head coach realise that stats and analytics that look good on paper are worth nothing if the other team wants it more. This result added to my worst fears, namely that we are trying to play a computer game rather than a football match. We have obviously done some very detailed research on formations and tactics, but have failed to do what teams with a fraction of our resources have done - assembled a team of battlers. That’s why I can’t join any bandwagons or “choo-choos”, we sometimes look pretty, but when the going gets tough, we roll over and allow limited players to dominate us.

The absurd thing is that, even at two goals up, I wasn’t confident of hanging on against ten men, and I bet there were plenty of other fans feeling the same way. Where was the game management?
    Even by Notts standards, this was a disgrace tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    The absurd thing is that, even at two goals up, I wasn’t confident of hanging on against ten men, and I bet there were plenty of other fans feeling the same way. Where was the game management?
    Even by Notts standards, this was a disgrace tonight.
    I used the word “embarrassing” to describe the way we capitulated against Woking, I just can’t find words to describe this one.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast