+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Richard Keogh interview

Richard Keogh interview

Yes.

No

Too highbrow for GP!

It confirms what I suspected and said when this all arose and frankly shows that in terms of employee contracts and HR matters Mel or whoever made the decision was an incompetent ****!

How they thought they could get away with it puzzled me at the time and obvs they didn't! However, not sure whether Keogh will get his compo now?

As his is mainly his contractual wage plus some compo he is legally entitled to 100%. As are Cocu and his assistants (and possibly some other departees?). Same goes for HMRC. They are legally entitled to 100%.

From bits and pieces in the press it looks like there could be as much as £40M owed to preferred creditors legally entitled to 100%. Might that be a stumbling block?

With regard to Keogh, he says he still "loves the club" in which case he may well go for a discounted deal.

No idea with regard to the Dutch coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2462 View Post
    Interesting and well written article. We (DCFC/Morris) seem to come out of it very badly but it does seem to be a very selective retelling of events imo.
    I always thought very highly of Keogh and was hugely disappointed in what happened, but there is more to being a captain and the club’s senior pro than just what happens on the pitch imo.

Yes.
    Makes me wonder what sort of punishment the other passengers in Lawrence's car got (and who they are, I won't speculate on here!!), maybe that's why his case was accepted? No excuse for not putting his belt on mind you, he's lucky to be alive.
    Still too fishy to be anywhere near the full story.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)