+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Doyle set to play again?

Is Doyle set to play again?

#notts fans “shouldn’t be surprised” to see Michael Doyle in a Matchday squad soon.

https://twitter.com/BBCRNS/status/1445755004913025045

Watch Ian Burchnall explain why here: http://bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09xwd1p

Jesus wept.

It's really not good enough.

I,for one,think it would be worth a go!

Hope we give it a try....what's to lose?

Could do with a safe pair of hands lol

Doyle wont be playing he will be managing soon.
    Then we will see some fireworks under these under performing limp wristed ****s

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Jesus wept.

It's really not good enough.
    With you, pathetic state of affairs.
    Doyler should do the right thing now, say I'm a coach, I turn 41 next. I'm retiring. If we bring back anyone it should be Don Masson, he keeps himself fit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Doyle wont be playing he will be managing soon.
    Then we will see some fireworks under these under performing limp wristed ****s
    Love it, a better suggestion than the first

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Laddo you're doing your best to imply that as a typical NCM poster I'm writing something ill-considered, and jumping to hasty judgements, ut I'm not. I'm obviously not saying we should judge Doyle on friendlies v York rather than league games.

Someone commented that we looked shaky defensively without Doyle's contribution in midfield IN A FRIENDLY VS YORK. You agreed with that poster's comments.

I'm more than happy to talk about Doyle's contribution over the previous two seasons: for example the first one where for the first half he couldn't accept being a big fish in a little pool and kept getting sent off. Then for the rest of Ardley's tenure when he was meh in a team that generally didn't concede many goals because the unadventurous style of play (IMO). On the other hand under IB we conceded a fair few goals, even with Makalele sorry Doyle in the team, and I've no doubt we will this season too.

During that most of the two years Doyle was putting in mostly 6 out 10 performances in my eyes, with the odd 7 or 8 and the odd 5. Some great through balls, but at the same time ​plenty of misplaced 10 yard passes into touch or to the opposition. After Mansfield in the relegation season, where i thought he was magnificent, no midfields were bossed.

Yes the huge season defining error against Torquay was when he misplaced an easy pass 75 yards from goal [b]as the last man, leading to us getting countered and conceding from the resulting corner.

Now I can already see where you want to take the conversation, there was plenty of blame to go around that day - Wootton being less than clinical, the ultra-offensive manager picking just 1 defender who can win headers against a team that was very strong aerially, and other individual mistakes, but we're talking about Doyle and how good he is at stopping us getting countered, I think that is relevant here.

I'm afraid I simply disagree with you (and unusually for me Jacob too) about Doyle having a pretty good season. IMO if the new lads are not an upgrade on Doyle et al we can forget about automatic, and if at Christmas we're complaining that we miss Doyle then we are in big trouble.
    I posted this on the 9th of August. If you change Christmas for early October then I think the part in bold is fairly accurate!

What an absolute farce. Turning into yet another clown show of a season.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I posted this on the 9th of August. If you change Christmas for early October then I think the part in bold is fairly accurate!
    We really should have run a book on when Doyle would return, though October is depressingly early. I’m guessing they’ve been keeping him at Meadow Lane in a glass box marked “Break in event of emergency”.

Should we just save everyone the time and send Ed Francis to the League of Ireland now?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast