+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2000 tickets for Blunts fans at Oakwell, 24th October

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I agree Rod, the 2000 limit is crackers. The cost of the tickets is ridiculous. As an owner I'd much prefer to see 4000 in at a lower price. The money in football is a joke. The cost of Sky Sports is way too high, and though I could easily afford it I refuse to have it.
    Gary Neville was on the news this morning arguing the 20 pound universal credit uplift should remain. Yet I bet he ensures his millions are invested tax efficiently and I wonder if he pays his fair share to the treasury so that the government can afford to pay universal credit uplifts.
    The money in football is making it rotten. And they expect the likes of you and me to pay over the the odds for tickets. That's why I say that, if I were in your position, I wouldn't consider paying 36 quid for a ticket. If everyone refused it may make the powers that be take note.
    You mean the Gary Neville who opened up his hotel to NHS frontline staff for absolutely nothing during the worst of the pandemic in Manchester .

He believes in market forces , it's on the record but bear in mind 40% of those who receive UC are in work .

A good percentage of others will have disabilities and serious illnesses and the rest you'd not want to employ or work with for a gold pig , you just wouldn't .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You mean the Gary Neville who opened up his hotel to NHS frontline staff for absolutely nothing during the worst of the pandemic in Manchester .

He believes in market forces , it's on the record but bear in mind 40% of those who receive UC are in work .

A good percentage of others will have disabilities and serious illnesses and the rest you'd not want to employ or work with for a gold pig , you just wouldn't .
    Yes that's the one Animal. I'm aware 40 percent of those who receive UC are in work. There's probably a large proportion of them that are football fans and have paid his wages over the years. I don't remember him saying he'd drop his wage demands though so that ticket prices could be reduced, or the price of club shirts could be reduced (not heard any footballers say that) Seems very two faced to then start lecturing the government regarding the temporary UC uplift. And if he truly believed in market forces, he wouldn't want to pay any benefits at all.
    Disabled/serious illness should always be looked after and of course yes there are unemployables.

Yes that's the one Animal. I'm aware 40 percent of those who receive UC are in work. There's probably a large proportion of them that are football fans and have paid his wages over the years. I don't remember him saying he'd drop his wage demands though so that ticket prices could be reduced, or the price of club shirts could be reduced (not heard any footballers say that) Seems very two faced to then start lecturing the government regarding the temporary UC uplift. And if he truly believed in market forces, he wouldn't want to pay any benefits at all.
    Disabled/serious illness should always be looked after and of course yes there are unemployables.
    Your kidding aren't you , he was the most passionate vocal voice on Sky when the ESL was announced .

He ripped the Man Utd ownership to shreds on absolutely everything .

There's a significant difference between market forces and absolute and total greed .

He's done well financially out of the game of course he has , doesn't mean he can't have principles either .

The fact he speaks out should be appluded not criticised .

He could have placed everyone who works for him on furlough and feck everyone else .

He didn't .

It says much about the current Labour party that Marcus Rashford and Gary Neville scare the Tories shyteless way more than its leader .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    My ticket at Oakwell cost me £180 because of my age so I know what you are saying Rod but Utd fans getting the hump over it is pointless, Utd are getting the same allocation as other teams have this season so you are getting treated no differently, its our club that are missing out financially not yours & there will be other clubs in our league who will be offering you less tickets , history suggests that your average following to Oakwell is not much above the allocation & the kick off time & day are not that appealing , so look at it as £36 saved & you watch your side pick up the 3 points from the comfort of your armchair or down the localc, win win for you Blades .
    I can only recall one relatively poor following to Oakwell and i've been christ knows many times. I was sorry to hear the news of a stand being closed indefinitely at Oakwell but it's better to close it now and get it fixed rather than wait until a tragedy happened. Apart from when we play you i hope Barnsley have a decent season.UTB

Your kidding aren't you , he was the most passionate vocal voice on Sky when the ESL was announced .

He ripped the Man Utd ownership to shreds on absolutely everything .

There's a significant difference between market forces and absolute and total greed .

He's done well financially out of the game of course he has , doesn't mean he can't have principles either .

The fact he speaks out should be appluded not criticised .

He could have placed everyone who works for him on furlough and feck everyone else .

He didn't .

It says much about the current Labour party that Marcus Rashford and Gary Neville scare the Tories shyteless way more than its leader .
    No I'm not kidding one bit Animal. In the interview he came over as arrogant and petulant with his walk off the camera at the end. Exactly as I remember him as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I can only recall one relatively poor following to Oakwell and i've been christ knows many times. I was sorry to hear the news of a stand being closed indefinitely at Oakwell but it's better to close it now and get it fixed rather than wait until a tragedy happened. Apart from when we play you i hope Barnsley have a decent season.UTB
    It is. Just a pity it couldn't have been done in the close season.

No I'm not kidding one bit Animal. In the interview he came over as arrogant and petulant with his walk off the camera at the end. Exactly as I remember him as a player.
    In my opinion Arby the government aren't taken to task enough these days by the media .

The BBC have a on the record Tory supporter at the helm .

Most of the popular press are owned by Tory supporters .

At least Neville spoke out passionately against them which whether you agree with him or not makes a change .

Just for the record I've never voted Tory and it would take a real upturn in policy and leader for me to vote Labour , I didn't vote for them in 2019 either .

My vote is up for grabs these days and I'm done with the tribal aspect .

Governments need holding to account and it's a shame only Gary Neville and Marcus Rashford seem capable of doing it .

they have been allocated more

In my opinion Arby the government aren't taken to task enough these days by the media .

The BBC have a on the record Tory supporter at the helm .

Most of the popular press are owned by Tory supporters .

At least Neville spoke out passionately against them which whether you agree with him or not makes a change .

Just for the record I've never voted Tory and it would take a real upturn in policy and leader for me to vote Labour , I didn't vote for them in 2019 either .

My vote is up for grabs these days and I'm done with the tribal aspect .

Governments need holding to account and it's a shame only Gary Neville and Marcus Rashford seem capable of doing it .
    Well just for the record Animal, I now fall into the conservative category (at the risk of getting shot down). I was staunch labour up until the days that Gordon Brown took over. It took a fair bit of thought, but I decided to vote for Cameron for a fresh approach. I was actually pleased we got a coalition and thought it worked well to moderate the government’s actions. I’ve voted conservative since for a number of reasons.
    1. The politicians in the labour party have continually become lower calibre. Now I look at the party and think who could possibly do any of the cabinet jobs, never mind lead the party. The only one I’ve come up with is Lisa Nandy.
    2. Conservatives have, whatever you think of it, delivered Brexit. They have identified that levelling up is required, which is a first in my book for any party. They still have to deliver on this but recognition is a massive start. And lastly, they have the economy at the top of their agenda and have, which no other party has done, recognised that science, technology, engineering (inclusive of manufacturing) is the way to develop a strong economy. Well done for recognising this, because a strong economy pays for everything else we need.

What you may find interesting is that when I moved over to Manchester, I work with a guy called Tom Squire. He was a lab technician and was as staunch conservative as a miner was labour. He was working class which was a shock for me because I always thought that working class people voted labour in those days. He used to say that if labour get in, the money will drain out of the country and the economy will be trashed. It took me some years to realise it, but I saw what Gordon Brown did as prime minister and thought Tom’s right. So I actually credit Tom with making me make the move to conservative. The interesting part is that Tom is John Squire’s dad (Stone Roses). He used to get me free tickets for the gigs but I never got a selfie (like there were selfies in those days) just before Pass asks.
    I won’t comment further on politics on the forum because voting is a person’s choice/opinion that they are entitled to. Regarding the media though, I actually think they say too much about politics, but generally about the wrong things. Look at the mess they’ve just caused with the fuel crisis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12