+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpie circle podcast YouTube

There's always the thinking fans podcast

Regarding podcasts and fan content I personally feel Notts fans are very much spoilt for a club at our level. Notts County Talk, Magpie Circle, Gerrit Forward, Pride of Nottingham and I think there's a couple of others provide a great variety content for Notts fans and all at their own expense, and I speak from personal experience of course!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Regarding podcasts and fan content I personally feel Notts fans are very much spoilt for a club at our level. Notts County Talk, Magpie Circle, Gerrit Forward, Pride of Nottingham and I think there's a couple of others provide a great variety content for Notts fans and all at their own expense, and I speak from personal experience of course!
    Yes we are blessed with good content creators in our fanbase and long may it continue!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Exactly. I've only listened to one full episode since the disgraceful hatchet job Mace and Curtis did on the new head coach I believe after the Altrincham game of last season.

But it wouldn't surprise me to hear that their opinion completely changed up to the play off semi final defeat.

May have a listen to the Woking comments/apology one.

I'm with driller and KK, I don't get that vibe at all, he comes across as respectful (especially to the opposition) , informative and thoughtful on his interviews and doesn't give short sharp responses which is often the case when managers don't win a game. A breath of fresh air for manager interviews.

I remember Charlie Slater surprisingly giving him a unnecessary hard time after one defeat last season.

Although I know a few on here see him as arrogant, I viewed it as nothing more than confidence and belief in his own system which is a good thing in my eyes.
    They did a hatchet job IB, the owners and weirdly Ruben!

Ruben then went and bagged a load of goals and Notts started winning, seems that they will be on IB back again.

Odd bloke is Paul Mace, comes across as "I know more than you" kind of bloke

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Definitely blessed and I'm a regular viewer of Notts County Talk and Analysts Bar, two very different Notts based podcasts but both interesting and enjoyable. Not taken a look at the Gerrit Forward yet.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Definitely blessed and I'm a regular viewer of Notts County Talk and Analysts Bar, two very different Notts based podcasts but both interesting and enjoyable. Not taken a look at the Gerrit Forward yet.
    I like the way Mace often repeats things, maybe a way to attach extra importance to his statements? Makes him sound like an American lawyer from the Deep South in the 1920's summing up his defence. I'm just waiting for him to slap the back of one hand into the palm of the other for even more effect.

Not watched it yet, gonna watch it now.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I like the way Mace often repeats things, maybe a way to attach extra importance to his statements? Makes him sound like an American lawyer from the Deep South in the 1920's summing up his defence. I'm just waiting for him to slap the back of one hand into the palm of the other for even more effect.

I want to be there as he Scopes it out. Cheeky monkey !

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

May give it a watch later and see how much I can handle before I turn it off as he repeats himself, and slowly labours the point

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Odd bloke is Paul Mace, comes across as "I know more than you" kind of bloke
    He’s been in football for many years you know, I only know that cause he used to tell you several times per podcast in the early days, I enjoy them but I’m afraid anybody that constructs a tweet then immediately “likes” it after has to be classed as “Hardy esque” imo, the type that spends too much of their time polishing their trumpet, you only have to view his liked tweets to realise this, I see him in the podcast as pure entertainment so definitely only take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    He’s been in football for many years you know, I only know that cause he used to tell you several times per podcast in the early days, I enjoy them but I’m afraid anybody that constructs a tweet then immediately “likes” it after has to be classed as “Hardy esque” imo, the type that spends too much of their time polishing their trumpet, you only have to view his liked tweets to realise this, I see him in the podcast as pure entertainment so definitely only take everything he says with a pinch of salt.
    I generally find I only need to watch the first 20 minutes of each one. After that I have either fallen asleep or got bored of him repeating himself. Enjoyed his book though.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast