+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpie circle podcast YouTube

Magpie circle podcast YouTube

Sounds like Burchnall isn't very well thought of or liked by other clubs in the national league

I've no idea if that's true or not, but I couldn't care less either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Sounds like Burchnall isn't very well thought of or liked by other clubs in the national league
    Just watched it and have to say agreed with 99% of what was said, interesting Stal saying we need a proper striker to play alongside KW, think everyone who goes to the games is saying the same on here and elsewhere that there is serious problems that need sorting.
    Last edited by keldsyke; 06-10-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Not watched Magpie Circle, will do later.

Anyway, if Burchnall isn’t well liked or thought of by other NL clubs. I would suggest it’s possibly because he’s followed a different route to his current position and doesn’t conform to the standard NL approach.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Just watched it and have to say agreed with 99% of what was said, interesting Stal saying we need a proper striker to play alongside KW, think everyone who goes to the games is saying the same on here and elsewhere that there is serious problems that need sorting.
    Going to listen now, but this seemed crystal clear during the summer.

Agree with the contents of the discussion entirely. There are the usual knee jerk reactions. Work to do. Amusing to see a few of the Ardley in brigader appearing again. Whatever you think of IB he certainly was not the answer for Notts. Seems a lot of the work to do is really nothing to do with spreadsheets and everything to do with rolling up the sleeves, manning up and digging deep to me. Which is what really makes or breaks teams in this division, talent aside.

He wasn't very well liked by the Magpie Circle podcast until he started winning games with the best football we had seen in years.

He came in and took a job from Proper-Football-Man Ardley, so not really surprising if a bunch of Proper Football Men don't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Not watched Magpie Circle, will do later.

Anyway, if Burchnall isn’t well liked or thought of by other NL clubs. I would suggest it’s possibly because he’s followed a different route to his current position and doesn’t conform to the standard NL approach.
    You and driller are right, it wouldn't be surprising. The response to that should be 'so what?' and then go in the Millwall direction

The only reason to dislike him would be that he represents a threat - to them personally and their livelihoods, if coaching jobs ever get divorced from playing careers more of them are looking for something else (and there are fewer pubs around these days ) And if they're insecure about their abilities the dislike would be even more acute.
    This angle makes me support IB even more. He's trying to break the mould - most ex-player managers serve up the same
    old dross, stretch out their tenures with defensive tactics so that they last 15 months not 5 and then back on to the merry-go-round, all at the expense of the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    He wasn't very well liked by the Magpie Circle podcast until he started winning games with the best football we had seen in years.

He came in and took a job from Proper-Football-Man Ardley, so not really surprising if a bunch of Proper Football Men don't like him.
    Ardley was a propor football man? I don't really think so. Not in the mould of some of the other managers in this division. He was a nice guy and he tried his best for sure but lets not drag that up again. IB does come across in a way in his interviews, which is bound to rub people up the wrong way and I don't think that is a good thing as it will make them even more determined to get one over on him. He does come across as 'smart' and 'smug' at times and whether that's intentional or not if I was up against him it would give me great pleasure to get one over on him. As they say on the podcast this is probably a good season to slip below the radar a bit with all the hate generated towards Wrexham and Chesterfield for their big spending and we are certainly not taking advantage of that. Put that in your spreadsheet lads!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    IB does come across in a way in his interviews, which is bound to rub people up the wrong way and I don't think that is a good thing as it will make them even more determined to get one over on him. He does come across as 'smart' and 'smug' at times
    I really don't get that from him at all, but you're not alone in thinking it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast