+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Magpie circle podcast YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I've not watched an offering from Paul Mace since the hatchet job he did on IB after the Altrincham game. It seems from this thread that he's still at it.

I much prefer the NottsCountyTalk podcasts. The lads on that are my idea of supporters and my two great granddaughters (8 & 10) love their reports and are big IB fans, whereas they hated the way Mace found it necessary to repeat everything when we used to watch him.
    I really enjoy the postmatch videos with the Notts County Talk gang - lovely to see enthusiastic young Notts fans sharing their love for the club. Their player ratings, of course, are reliably over the top (10 for Ruben yesterday), but just put that down to the exuberance of youth.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    That's the issue apparently, that he's dismissive of other teams and is getting a reputation for that amongst other NL clubs.
    As Stallard says , it's not necessarily a bad thing to be not liked - if you can get under other manager's skin for example. Mace however will be coming from a background where it's very important to make friends and contacts, so he will see it differently.
    Maybe that’s true, but if so I would expect a better example than describing a quite obviously direct Woking team as direct. Other managers describe us as a team you can win second balls against and put under pressure all the time - it’s not disrespectful, it’s true!

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Maybe that’s true, but if so I would expect a better example than describing a quite obviously direct Woking team as direct. Other managers describe us as a team you can win second balls against and put under pressure all the time - it’s not disrespectful, it’s true!
    If Burch is a bit aloof or disrespectful, that's fine by me. I wouldn't want to go back to Ardley gushing praise on the opposition and respecting the point against teams so obviously much worse than us. I suppose the problem - if other clubs do genuinely have a problem with him - would be when it comes to transfer deals and loans or last games of the season. Sometimes you need other people to do you a favour.

Mace, as with Charlie, appears to have been a big fan of Ardley, as almost everybody who had personal interactions with our ex-manager seemed to be, so maybe fans assume people in the media don't like Burch because they are less inclined to defend him in the way they defended Ardley.
    I don't believe Mace or Chalrie dislike Burch, they just don't have the same relationship with him as they did with Ardley.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If Burch is a bit aloof or disrespectful, that's fine by me. I wouldn't want to go back to Ardley gushing praise on the opposition and respecting the point against teams so obviously much worse than us. I suppose the problem - if other clubs do genuinely have a problem with him - would be when it comes to transfer deals and loans or last games of the season. Sometimes you need other people to do you a favour.

Mace, as with Charlie, appears to have been a big fan of Ardley, as almost everybody who had personal interactions with our ex-manager seemed to be, so maybe fans assume people in the media don't like Burch because they are less inclined to defend him in the way they defended Ardley. I don't believe Mace or Chalrie dislike Burch, they just don't have the same relationship with him as they did with Ardley.
    I think the only way Burch could be seen as 'aloof' is if you compared him with Neal Ardley, who was an exceptionally warm and friendly personality, particularly for a football manager. I find Burch to be a little more formal than Ardley in interviews, but still always courteous and straight with his answers and rarely defensive. He certainly doesn't seem to mind being asked questions or answering them. I mean, God, if you think back to managers like Jocky Scott, the definitive 'dour Scot', then Ian Burchnall is charm personified!

For me anyone who thinks Burchnall is arrogant is certainly taking a big leap to reach that conclusion.

Neal Bishop is special guest this evening from 7pm

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567