+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deep do-do...

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    We will be doomed if Newcastle sack Bruce as I cant see us above Southampton. Perhaps Newcastle will try for Dyche as well as Tarks and McNeil thus properly sealing our doom.
    Cannot see them going for Kritichris simply because he is not glamorous enough added to the fact that his perceived style of play is too negative.Cannot see that happening.Cornet on the other hand.......

I have no idea how we will pay our way in the Championship next season. We are saddled with an enormous debt and an estimated £50 million black hole in next year's receipts will make for grim reading.
    I expect us to sell, sell, and sell.

Two ways to run a succesful Academy, produce players up to the level the club is playing at, or lower the level of the club to the level of Academy players being produced, I can see the glimmer of a plan here.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Two ways to run a succesful Academy, produce players up to the level the club is playing at, or lower the level of the club to the level of Academy players being produced, I can see the glimmer of a plan here.
    I had the same cynical dark thoughts early this morning mon ami.

After watching Spurs give them a goal start and brush them aside, I think it might take more than £50m and a new manager to get that lot out of the do-do. On the other hand I don't reckon much to our chances of making the last 8 of the Mickey Mouse.

Let's not throw the towel in yet lads,we are at least creating some decent chances for our forwards,hopefully our luck will change soon and we can get a few points on the board.

We couldn't score enough last season, guess what same issue this season.. you cant win games without scoring .. Dyche can shove his tight margins up his arse.. you need some quality in front of goal, not holding out for luck.
    The only signing we made, where to cover position we are likley to sell, being Pope, McNeal, Tarks
    Maybe the writing was already on the wall, maybe relegation is in the bigger plan.. I dont trust Pace as far as I can throw him..
    end of the day, who is going down instead of us?

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    We couldn't score enough last season, guess what same issue this season.. you cant win games without scoring .. Dyche can shove his tight margins up his arse.. you need some quality in front of goal, not holding out for luck.
    The only signing we made, where to cover position we are likley to sell, being Pope, McNeal, Tarks
    Maybe the writing was already on the wall, maybe relegation is in the bigger plan.. I dont trust Pace as far as I can throw him..
    end of the day, who is going down instead of us?
    Could not have put it better myself FTD.There was only Wood scoring last season so they have known about this for 18 months and done nothing.Now he is not scoring either.The only goal scorers I can see in our team is Cornet and/or Mcneil so why do we have three or four other strikers who cannot hack it in the PL.
    The midfielders hardly contribute either.Josh Brownhill has never scored in the PL in a claret and blue shirt.That is 50 games without a goal.Jack Cork 123 games 3 goals.Ashley Westwood has been prolific 141 games 7 goals.That is 10 goals in 314 games between them.1 goal in every 31.4 games FFS!
    Forwards-Ashley Barnes 184 games 41 goals, Jayrod 72 games 9 goals, Matej Vydra 66 games 6 goals.That is 322 games and 56 goals.That is 1 goal for every 5.75 games between 3 of the 4 forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Could not have put it better myself FTD.There was only Wood scoring last season so they have known about this for 18 months and done nothing.Now he is not scoring either.The only goal scorers I can see in our team is Cornet and/or Mcneil so why do we have three or four other strikers who cannot hack it in the PL.
    The midfielders hardly contribute either.Josh Brownhill has never scored in the PL in a claret and blue shirt.That is 50 games without a goal.Jack Cork 123 games 3 goals.Ashley Westwood has been prolific 141 games 7 goals.That is 10 goals in 314 games between them.1 goal in every 31.4 games FFS!
    Forwards-Ashley Barnes 184 games 41 goals, Jayrod 72 games 9 goals, Matej Vydra 66 games 6 goals.That is 322 games and 56 goals.That is 1 goal for every 5.75 games between 3 of the 4 forwards.
    If my grandad was alive his retort would be, "This lot couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo if they were strapped on it's f*cking tail!"

Brownhill failed to hit the target from 4 yards out on Saturday, which sort of proves he would be right!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If my grandad was alive his retort would be, "This lot couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo if they were strapped on it's f*cking tail!"

Brownhill failed to hit the target from 4 yards out on Saturday, which sort of proves he would be right!
    And our prolific goal machine skyed it from 2 yards!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)