+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Richest owners in Prem

Richest owners in Prem

Apparently we were 3rd now looks like 4th as Newcastles takeover that wasn't now is and has been completed. Its a consortium so no out an out owner but rumoured to be richer that the plastic city owners, what will this mean for us and the rest of the prem. We are not seen as title contenders with all our dosh but surely this is where FFP comes in? We are 3 seasons into building a squad at a cost of 300 mill, we cannot spend anymore. Chelski and Citeh got in before the rules changed so will Toon fans be disapointed they haven't won a trophy by next year? Will they be dreaming of 10 Jack grealish's?? Will it push our owners to the next level sooner rather than later or is just going to ruin football as we know it. If you want to see a childs face with a bucket of sweets just pop on to the Toon board. I'm kind of happy as its another team to challenge the so called big 6....🤔

80% Public Investment Fund, so I’d assume that the PIF has as good as total control. PIF is allegedly owned by Saudi Arabia, which makes them the richest Club in the world.

As you stated Dave, we are 3 years in, but the carToon Army are in their 5th season in the prem. They’ve spent nowt in that time, so they should have a fair bit of FFP credit banked.

As with the tone of your post, I also have no envy towards them. I’m delighted with our owners, and await the screaming abdabs from the Sky 6, about it all. No doubt ‘Human rights’ will headline the complaints. The North London fantasists will be the loudest voices.

At the end of the day we fans have no sway in who owns "our" club, so I'm neither pleased for nor envious of the jawdees - whatever will be will be. What's in it for such wealthy consortiums anyway, £300M is small change for a group worth billions and any FFP fines won't bother them so unless points deductions were introduced it's as you were.

Human rights already being talked about before the ink is dry, it doesn't sit right with me but if it were AVFC it would be hard to turn my back on it - football runs through one's blood does it not.

Wont be much point in their players taking the knee, you couldnt get a much more racist regiem than their new owners, thats without taking into account the human rights issues etc, but the prem has proved many times its all about the money, and they dont care where its from. As Westy says, proper fans have no choice really their club is in their blood for life, owners and players are transient. Got to laugh at the fans claiming they will win league next year, 2 windows to buy a league? it'll take a lot longer than that, doesnt matter how much money you throw at it, there are loads of players who wont want to go there unless they re already champions league level, so they will have to do much the same as us, the only real impact will be a lot of average players will become eye wateringly expensive.

Its a good point about their Human Rights and Racism issues, you would have to say most of elite players in the world are actually black, not that it matters to me but what if they put up a united front and refuse to play for their owners or sign gor the club who, ultimately are the Saudi Goverment, players may want to protret and yes not take a knee! It could all get very political. One thing is for sure the consortium that has bought the club bought it as an investment just like the other 200 companys they own and they will demand a return, i would not be suprised if they walked away half way through the project leaving all the debt on the club, this is not a club bought by a person who loves the club, its all very dark, while I welcome another team who could poke the so called big 6 in the eye, Im not sure the Toon fans are going to see glory for many years to come.
    # Does this now mean Newcastle are one of the big 6???

Wouldn’t it be a shame if they actually got relegated before they started building this all conquering team👍

Its a possibility, they will soon become the most hated team in the UK, people love nothing more than seeing the so called big guys fail...

Is this right? Taken over by the Saudi Arabian government via proxy? Strong links to murder, terrorism, and human rights abuse. This is where football is taking us??

Yes, its right. The premier league backed down under pressure from Boris as, it was going to upset a deal our goverment is working on with the Saudis, its all corrupt.
    Go forward ten years when there are no petrol or Diesel cars in the road, we are all using solar energy for heating. Oil will be as cheap as water and nuclear energy will be the way to go. All of a sudden these big investment companies will not be so cash rich infact they may fold, this is why they are investing now but this also means theres not so much sploshing round to keep Jardies afloat especially if they have not won the league or CL by then. I can see this ending badly not just for them but for City and Chelsea who get there hidious amounts money from oil....

Feel a bit for Brucey, finally got to manage his hometown club, but the Geordie hordes hated him, let’s hope they don’t spend too long in the Championship after Relegation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)