+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Band wagon jumper? I thought he was a ‘doer’ after getting us out of Europe. I’d describe the floundering Theresa May as more of a band wagon jumper.
    That party as a whole are bandwagon jumpers

No one can blame the Newcastle fans for anything regarding this takeover and the happiness and joy over the fact that Mike Ashley has left the club.

If the Geordies in the name of Saudi Arabia start locking up women and/or homo***uals for doing demonstrations in the streets, sure, something's wrong.

Based on what I can read on here, I think I'm in the minority regarding certain aspects of this takeover, and have no desire to open a can of worms in terms of the political discussion. But no matter what anyone thinks, how can anybody moralise over or blame the fans of this club??? That's rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    They can all fcuk off and take their agenda-driven faux moral outrage somewhere else.

I couldn't give a sh!t what anyone else thinks.

I'm happy to engage in discussion with anyone who has genuine misgivings...but, as Trini so aptly describes it, it's just noise.
    this 100%.

They can all fcuk off and take their agenda-driven faux moral outrage somewhere else.

I couldn't give a sh!t what anyone else thinks.

I'm happy to engage in discussion with anyone who has genuine misgivings...but, as Trini so aptly describes it, it's just noise.
    Or more likely jealousy. How many critics of our takeover would refuse to be in our position, hypocritically quoting morals.

And another point is that the more the Saudis engage with us, meaning closer engagement and involvement with the west, eventually, the quicker they may change the way they conduct their way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    No one can blame the Newcastle fans for anything regarding this takeover and the happiness and joy over the fact that Mike Ashley has left the club.

If the Geordies in the name of Saudi Arabia start locking up women and/or homo***uals for doing demonstrations in the streets, sure, something's wrong.

Based on what I can read on here, I think I'm in the minority regarding certain aspects of this takeover, and have no desire to open a can of worms in terms of the political discussion. But no matter what anyone thinks, how can anybody moralise over or blame the fans of this club??? That's rubbish.
    Just to clarify my earlier point, what I meant was the rest is just noise.

I wouldn't blame anyone for having misgivings about Saudi ownership and each person has to make their own decision about how far PIF will be influenced by the Saudi rulers (not at all if the legal documents that satisfied the PL are to be believed) and whether following a football club means you are endorsing the way they rule, what they've done, etc.

Obviously I and the vast majority of fans don't think it does but I know a few do and it's not up to us to tell the genuine ones that they're wrong.

In equal measure I admire and feel sorry for them. They're seeing the club they love handed this incredible opportunity to become one of the world's biggest clubs but they feel they can't engage with it any more (or to an extent) because of their deeply held misgivings about our new owners.I know a few fans are going to stop going or following the club altogether because of their principles and that's really sad-but it's exactly the same thing a lot of us have been doing because of our feelings about Ashley so we can't be having a go at them for doing what we did.

Like I say, though, only the genuine ones. The PC hand-wringers can bugger off along with the other gobshites.

Just to clarify my earlier point, what I meant was the rest is just noise.

I wouldn't blame anyone for having misgivings about Saudi ownership and each person has to make their own decision about how far PIF will be influenced by the Saudi rulers (not at all if the legal documents that satisfied the PL are to be believed) and whether following a football club means you are endorsing the way they rule, what they've done, etc.

Obviously I and the vast majority of fans don't think it does but I know a few do and it's not up to us to tell the genuine ones that they're wrong.

In equal measure I admire and feel sorry for them. They're seeing the club they love handed this incredible opportunity to become one of the world's biggest clubs but they feel they can't engage with it any more (or to an extent) because of their deeply held misgivings about our new owners.I know a few fans are going to stop going or following the club altogether because of their principles and that's really sad-but it's exactly the same thing a lot of us have been doing because of our feelings about Ashley so we can't be having a go at them for doing what we did.

Like I say, though, only the genuine ones. The PC hand-wringers can bugger off along with the other gobshites.
    Sorry, only saw this now.

Was certainly not having a go at you, Zip, if it at all seemed that way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)