+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reduced capacity at NYS

It would be interesting to know whether it's the police,council or club that have made this decision because you can't really say reducing the capacity is going to make any difference.When we have big crowds we should allow the home fans to leave the stadium and ten minutes later allow the away fans out.More to the point, why is this work taking so long ,we were told it would be ready by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Could it have anything to do with congestion due to the guy getting knocked over and needing CPR at the top of New York Way recently?
    There’s congestion every game so can’t see that being the problem because they’ve never listened before to concerns from fans

Someone probably being over zealous and not using common sense (that sounds like RMBC to me )
    Bridge work should’ve finished now and no surprise it isn’t

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    It would be interesting to know whether it's the police,council or club that have made this decision because you can't really say reducing the capacity is going to make any difference.When we have big crowds we should allow the home fans to leave the stadium and ten minutes later allow the away fans out.More to the point, why is this work taking so long ,we were told it would be ready by now.
    Can’t see it being the club it’s lost revenue. Be some snowflake council luvvy putting their oar in

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    There’s congestion every game so can’t see that being the problem because they’ve never listened before to concerns from fans

Someone probably being over zealous and not using common sense (that sounds like RMBC to me )
    Bridge work should’ve finished now and no surprise it isn’t
    You’re right, there is, but with pathways closed it forces more people into less space. Just an idea, i don’t claim to have any knowledge of it.

Will the club be compensated Sunderland would have probably been a sell out or close to 15/20 k lost in revenue for that game .

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Will the club be compensated Sunderland would have probably been a sell out or close to 15/20 k lost in revenue for that game .
    Safety protocol buddy so the club wouldn’t dare dream of going up against anyone. Still can’t see what difference it makes at all because a crowd of significant numbers is still going to disperse from the stadium anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Safety protocol buddy so the club wouldn’t dare dream of going up against anyone. Still can’t see what difference it makes at all because a crowd of significant numbers is still going to disperse from the stadium anyway.
    If it's simply related to egress at the end of the game surely it would have been simple enough to request season ticket holders to remain in their seat for 10-15 minutes in one section of the ground. Anyone who loves the Millers enough to buy a season ticket would understand that it would be a small sacrifice to make to safeguard that extra 15-25K in revenue at a time we really need it.

The 1500 less fans shouldn’t come exclusively from millers supporters.

Gets me out of the hospitality carpark quicker so no problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    The 1500 less fans shouldn’t come exclusively from millers supporters.
    I guess it only really impacts the 1500 who can't be bothered to turn up to normal 'run of the mill' games like Plymouth, Fleetwood, AFC Wimbledon where we only get crowds of 8,000-9,000.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast