+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reduced capacity at NYS

I’m guessing that most of the 1500 will be from family stand towards away end, it’ll only impact them that can’t go to every game for whatever reason

Still I don’t get why now when it’s been like that ages now

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I guess it only really impacts the 1500 who can't be bothered to turn up to normal 'run of the mill' games like Plymouth, Fleetwood, AFC Wimbledon where we only get crowds of 8,000-9,000.
    Agree CAMiller, the reduction has to be the Rotherham United seating, Sunderland should be allowed their full allocation, we have to
    look at what the normal home crowd is, which you hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Could it have anything to do with congestion due to the guy getting knocked over and needing CPR at the top of New York Way recently?
    The crowd for that game was reported as being 8004 but there were actually fewer people than that in the ground because season ticket holders are counted regardless of whether they attend or not.
    If the stadium capacity is reduced by 1500 there could, in theory be crowds of 10500 so that probably makes your suggestion unlikely.
    I find the whole thing baffling ☹

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I guess it only really impacts the 1500 who can't be bothered to turn up to normal 'run of the mill' games like Plymouth, Fleetwood, AFC Wimbledon where we only get crowds of 8,000-9,000.
    I hear what you are saying but should we not be encouraging floating fans instead of excluding them .

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    I hear what you are saying but should we not be encouraging floating fans instead of excluding them .
    Absolutely and I agree with what you are saying but as a business facing today's challenges I'd rather bank the guaranteed Sunderland money than hedge my bets on a fickle 'few' who might not show up if it's a bit chilly. Although I suppose making it all ticket with no pay on the day would make that a moot point. My overall preference would be to get 12,000+ in NYS and find a safe way to regulate flow from the stadium after the final whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    The crowd for that game was reported as being 8004 but there were actually fewer people than that in the ground because season ticket holders are counted regardless of whether they attend or not.
    If the stadium capacity is reduced by 1500 there could, in theory be crowds of 10500 so that probably makes your suggestion unlikely.
    I find the whole thing baffling ☹
    Yes, quite so. It’s an odd one alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    The new path they are building at the side of the super tram track direct to the train station is a good idea. This may stop the segregation barriers being erected and save the club some money as away fans will probably be directed straight down onto it.
    Brin, this way for away fans to exit was talked about years ago. The way thro was under the bridge and thro the Police and Court car park, now the Court has gone it shouldn't be a problem. Well, maybe paying for it might be........

Other suggestions were a foot bridge over the track to Boothy's.
    Another was down a new path, under the road, down to Ickles and over the lines to the back of Boothy's. Imagine doing the in the dark winters???

There already is a path down to booths, the canal path. Walk along canal path then across tracks at bottom of millmoor, they could park coaches at booths. Only thing is that it's a bit narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    There already is a path down to booths, the canal path. Walk along canal path then across tracks at bottom of millmoor, they could park coaches at booths. Only thing is that it's a bit narrow.
    If the desire is there to do it,it could be done.Where there's a will there's a way.

.....best and cheapest is hold the away fans in for 5 mins on Health & Saftey grounds............simples

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast