Being a Bromsgrove Rovers fan for many years , i do look at the fixtures for its resurrected club, Sporting. It calls itself the " Rouslers". Whats a Rousler.? It plays in red, Rovers were in green. The terracing behind one goal is still painted green.

Its over 200 miles to Lowestoft, and over four hours on the road. With no hold ups. Anglia has no motorways, and is a trek from the M1.

Four hours my a rse.

For what? I knew a Rovers fan who went to Sudbury mid week for a cup game many years ago. god help us. Rovers lost.

Football to me now is like going to see Saving private Ryan, or La Boheme every week for the rest of your life. The advantage football has, a minor advantage is that it has the possibility of three outcomes, a loss, most likely, a draw, or win.

But that never changes.

If you go and see Saving Private Ryan, its not going to change to saving ryans privates, and all of the drama that may entail.

There will be Bromsgrove fans going to Lowestoft, and will be devastated at a loss. As you all are. When nothing of any importance has occured. And pour countless resources into it.

I went to Lowestoft two years ago, for old times sake, a ghastly place. Grand old houses falling apart, a flinty beach, cafes serving dog food, fish and chips in a cardboard box.

This is your life, your reason for living. Lowestoft v Bromsgrove. Or is it Carlisle v Barrow, or Yaxley v Shepshed.

If you lose, your world caves in. Newcastle has been bought by the super rich, its going to get worse. While the amazon is losing forty football fields per minute. We are helpless in the face of Beelzebub in the east.

Does it matter? Not really, all its about is what you take away with you from your life. And if its a love of Bromsgrove Sporting, you are wasting time.

Edie of Poplar Drove.

p.s, is it in.....ahhhhhhhhhhhh over the bar.......disaster.