+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The other Magpies - Great deal or selling out their souls?

The other Magpies - Great deal or selling out their souls?

Newcastle United's takeover is complete, with a huge proportion of the cash coming from Saudi Arabia.

It appears that PIF in Saudi are closely connected with the Saudi authority. The vast majority of supporters are very happy with the deal, but some (like Amnesty International) are very concerned because of their Human Rights records.

However, the Premier League has now cleared it (despite refusing previously) as they have proved that the Saudis will not be involved in the day to day running of the club.

Seems to me that money has trumped human rights.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Newcastle United's takeover is complete, with a huge proportion of the cash coming from Saudi Arabia.

It appears that PIF in Saudi are closely connected with the Saudi authority. The vast majority of supporters are very happy with the deal, but some (like Amnesty International) are very concerned because of their Human Rights records.

However, the Premier League has now cleared it (despite refusing previously) as they have proved that the Saudis will not be involved in the day to day running of the club.

Football stopped being ethical decades ago. Let’s be honest if someone came in at Notts with the reported wealth of the Newcastle investment, we would have hundreds down the Lane dancing around, Munto.

Well, it's a tricky one.

No doubt Saudi Arabia has a dreadful regime, but this is a very high profile, media circus case - hence a lot of criticism.

There's horrible countries all over the world that we all buy goods from, or have accounts with banks which invest in them - so it's very difficult to be entirely innocent.

And of course, how would we react if it was Notts. How many fans would be down Meadow Lane with banners saying "You can stuff your £ billions"?

After Mike Ashley the Newcastle fans would have welcomed Kim Jong in if he had money and sacked Steve Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Well, it's a tricky one.

No doubt Saudi Arabia has a dreadful regime, but this is a very high profile, media circus case - hence a lot of criticism.

There's horrible countries all over the world that we all buy goods from, or have accounts with banks which invest in them - so it's very difficult to be entirely innocent.

And of course, how would we react if it was Notts. How many fans would be down Meadow Lane with banners saying "You can stuff your £ billions"?
    I'd take it as it looks like our owners don't have 2 Riyals to rub together.
    Last edited by countygump; 08-10-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I'd take as it looks like our owners don't have 2 Riyals to rub together.
    At the current rate of exchange 2 Riyals is worth about 39p. I think you'll find they have at least £1.50 between them. Have you been talking to utm, gumpy?

Don't forget how much stuff we buy that is made in China and they have Human Rights issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    At the current rate of exchange 2 Riyals is worth about 39p. I think you'll find they have at least £1.50 between them. Have you been talking to utm, gumpy?

Actions my boy, actions speak louder than words . Everyone keeps telling us they have a rich Daddy with a access to hugeee amounts of investment but as of yet we've seen no proof of it?

I could Mecca case for welcoming them.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    I could Mecca case for welcoming them.
    No doubt they'd desert us at some point in the future.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast