+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Positives

Positives

We didn't lose

We've moved up the table

We Didn't concede any.

This game was terrible, both teams..
    Honestly at least 3 booking where from bad first touches and poor passing..
    I really don't understand the tactics regarding the use of McNeil, he constantly drifts inside demands the ball on the break to then slow the game down, do a few turns tying himself in knots, his transition is awful the amount of times he ran inside demanded the ball then stopped all momentum by being slow on the ball.. you can see players making runs in front of him, we did better when McNeil was not on the ball in the centre of the pitch, the coaching for this style of play is crap!

Only plus Collins looks dependable, decent signing - that was about the only positive for me today.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    We didn't lose

We've moved up the table

We Didn't concede any.

and a solar super storm didn't cause a planetary blackout.

A giant chicken...crossed with a rhino, didn't flatten turf moor and go pecking amongst the rubble...

and there was no extra time or penalty shootout.

One positive-Norwich were even worse than us and that is saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    This game was terrible, both teams..
    Honestly at least 3 booking where from bad first touches and poor passing..
    I really don't understand the tactics regarding the use of McNeil, he constantly drifts inside demands the ball on the break to then slow the game down, do a few turns tying himself in knots, his transition is awful the amount of times he ran inside demanded the ball then stopped all momentum by being slow on the ball.. you can see players making runs in front of him, we did better when McNeil was not on the ball in the centre of the pitch, the coaching for this style of play is crap!

Only plus Collins looks dependable, decent signing - that was about the only positive for me today.
    Totally agree with you on McNeil,never once tried to take the ball to the dead ball line,but insisted on holding the game up and then proceeding to pass the ball square instead of forwards.

My optimism is waning fast, today was a very poor showing.
    If Aaron Lennon is that best we can put into starting eleven than I fear for our survival. However he was no worse than many of the others.
    If we play like that against City in our next game it could be a complete trouncing.
    I just hope that Cornet when fit can keep us in contention until January and that Pace can finance some improvements in both our midfield and attacking options during the January transfer window..

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    My optimism is waning fast, today was a very poor showing.
    If Aaron Lennon is that best we can put into starting eleven than I fear for our survival. However he was no worse than many of the others.
    If we play like that against City in our next game it could be a complete trouncing.
    I just hope that Cornet when fit can keep us in contention until January and that Pace can finance some improvements in both our midfield and attacking options during the January transfer window..
    We need a further 4-5 players of the Cornet pedigree to give us a fighting chance.All in midfield and attack.Even Wood is firing blanks.Jayrod and Barnes over the hill and Vydra Championship standard.Westwood,Cork over the hill and Brownhill Championship is his level.

no free thought, no poise or polish...same old Chairman Dycheball, no deviation from the fixed routine....it's all so nauseatingly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    We didn't lose

We've moved up the table

We Didn't concede any.
    Sorry Alf, if you saw any Positives (for the future) with that dire abysmal performance then I'll start drinking what you do.

Positives...
    Even Dyche lost some faith in some of his favoured players
    Pace has time to start looking for new signings for January...
    Vydra did well before the ref got him injured...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)