+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Saarfend sack Phil Brown

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    As y6u may be aware I have never been a fan of Conway's mob.

I didn't think they could sink lower but to force a thousand fans, many dedicated ST holders for decades and a good proportion ambulant. who went in the West Stand because of ease of access and sit alongside family support, into the seats left in the East Stand and Ponte, just to move stewards to allow more £36 tickets to be sold in the North Stand is as low as it gets.

B@stards.
    The only safety issue I see is to place many of our elderly supporters in to a more confined area with a winter to negotiate and a highly infectious pandemic still at large .

All for a few quid .

B@stsrds indeed .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    As y6u may be aware I have never been a fan of Conway's mob.

I didn't think they could sink lower but to force a thousand fans, many dedicated ST holders for decades and a good proportion ambulant. who went in the West Stand because of ease of access and sit alongside family support, into the seats left in the East Stand and Ponte, just to move stewards to allow more £36 tickets to be sold in the North Stand is as low as it gets.

B@stards.
    Lol. That's a very ingenious way of saying I told you so SB.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The only safety issue I see is to place many of our elderly supporters in to a more confined area with a winter to negotiate and a highly infectious pandemic still at large .

All for a few quid .

B@stsrds indeed .
    Good point that Animal. And from the point you made earlier, I definitely won't be going to a groundshare ground unless it's temporary whilst they do work to Oakwell.

I’d never sit and watch Barnsley in another clubs ground whilst we have a perfectly good stadium.

They’re just playing business games and they don’t care one jot about the fans

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I’d never sit and watch Barnsley in another clubs ground whilst we have a perfectly good stadium.

They’re just playing business games and they don’t care one jot about the fans
    Yep just what I said the other day ESR; internal politics. And the poor old fans, particularly those in the west stand are caught in the middle.

Totally agree ESR , I wouldn't even consider it ,

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    ………….. its a gamble and if you don't like the owners and want them out, still be careful what you wish for, we might get rid of them but we might end up with worse.

Well that’s the point int it Acido.
    There are a number of clubs (most?) in the Championship that have gambled and gambled again.
    While they have been doing that they have been able to lord it over Barnsley - they have been able to buy better players and pay much bigger wages.

Most of those clubs now are at best facing points deductions and at worse looking at the trap door that will see them drop like a stone through the leagues.

The owners at Barnsley are very very cute business people.
    They have seen other clubs bending the rules - Paul Conway is persistently complaining about them - and although they have the money to out spend most other club owners - the owners at Barnsley refuse to place themselves and the club into debt.
    They want a seat at the football table but they are doing it in a completely different way.

Because it’s not the usual way of running a football club then it’s not surprising that supporters as well as football pundits are finding it difficult to get their heads around it.
    I’m not saying I fully understand their strategy because I don’t - but I applaud them for trying to achieve success in a different way.

The last thing I would want at Barnsley is a owner similar to Chansiri - owners that don’t understand football - they just think throwing money at a problem will solve it.

Barnsley can’t be so bad if they are attracting CEOs from City Football.
    Owners that amass so much money can’t be thick.
    If they say they want to improve the ground and improve the squad year on year then we should all give them some slack to let them get on with it.

But they won’t even pay to do remedial work they’re obliged to as Tenants so what makes you think they’d do any actual improvements

But they won’t even pay to do remedial work they’re obliged to as Tenants so what makes you think they’d do any actual improvements
    The thing is the rent they pay is absolutely peppercorn by comparison to other clubs at this level .

Many of whom pay between £1m and £2m pa .

They pay £150k pa !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The thing is the rent they pay is absolutely peppercorn by comparison to other clubs at this level .

Many of whom pay between £1m and £2m pa .

They pay £150k pa !!!!
    Good point, they want everything for free

There’s a dispute about PMG taking over 50% of the ground.
    I’d be surprised to hear anyone on here has the details of that dispute.

We can only look at the evidence of what PMG has done while at the club - they said they would improve the squad year on year - and they have done.
    Ok - there is a dip in results - which I believe is driving much of the negativity towards the owners - but on paper the squad is stronger than this time last season.

Why some supporters believe that the cavalry in the form of new owners are just over the horizon - or that the Cryne family and Barnsley Council are going to build us supporters a better stadium - then it’s beyond me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast