+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Saarfend sack Phil Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    My advice is - there are 3 weeks before the presentation - in those 3 weeks get your questions written down - and then ask them when questions are put to the audience.

Last time there were question papers made available - don’t write yer questions on the question paper - because if the format of the meeting is the same as last time and the match day announcer gets involved then the meeting is likely to be reduced to a childish farce eg Khaled will be given as much time to answer your serious questions - as time given to answer questions about black pudding.
    Yep ….. that’s how daft it was in parts.
    Embarrassing.

IMO - these meetings are serious.
    Supporters go out of their way to be at these meetings because they have a deep seated interest in the club.
    The supporters are NOT there to hear the opinions or reminiscences from the match day announcer.
    (I hope someone from the club reads this)

Ive been to a few of these get togethers.
    Shepherd.
    Rowing.
    Murphy.
    Khaled.
    If people think the CEOs have an easy ride - then all I can say is that they weren’t there.
    Far from it.
    And for Khaled to have this next get together in a pub - when results are currently what they are - then IMO that’s a brave move.
    I don't need to write my questions down for starters .

I don't need any advice either .

It gets as embarrassing as the answers he gives .

Do I care he's been at the club two minutes ?

Nope .

Are 95% of the fans angry and wondering what the fuq is going on ?

Yep .

Hopefully if I don't get in there will be a camera present outside and those who do get in will be able to comment on what went off and it will be presented on YouTube the next day .

Serious issues require proper answers and accountability .

It's the least we deserve .

Time to turn the heat up but as I say it's only discussion at present .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 10-10-2021 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I think it’s a bit funny how the tickets got snapped up so quickly to this “Circus”. Tried a few times amd I was”Timed out”
    I think there should be a “Lucky Draw” for tickets to gigs like this “Khaled’s knock about”….Not just a quick half hours ticket window. Maybe something along the lines of the “Lucky half time draw” for a signed programme, or photo that is currently the half time entertainment!
    Or maybe Khaled had already picked Nudges new seat number for him in the East stand…. ( Thank God there’s no free seats near us!)!.
    As reported the day after the event with Khaled - the meeting was disappointingly half empty.
    Plenty of tickets were available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    And he HAS. VEHEMENTLY, and he has been justified. principled, and Consistent.
    He certainly has 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    He certainly has 😂😂
    SB knows sum reyt clog iron Arby !! Iz been reyt all along , Top Fella anorl ,

This Ahmad fella, the new CEO, has been associated with--

1. The binning of the Watford friendly after tickets had been sold so that Man City could be accommodated to get him here earlierthan arranged.

2. The suggestion that the West Stand was structurally unsafe to use as an excuse to throw out long standing ST holders to free stewards to work in the North Stand to sell more tickets there. When called out on this by the Council he switched to citing "operational reasons".

This fella needs watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    SB knows sum reyt clog iron Arby !! Iz been reyt all along , Top Fella anorl ,
    I'm always willing to listen to people's opinions Roma, and though SB has been slated on occasions he's posted some clog iron on this board that's been interesting to read even if I haven't agreed with all of it. If I didn't know he was a retired journalist I'd swear he was an undertaker called Frazer.

Anyway, speaking of clogs, Phil Brown was fairly impressive with the job he did at Hull. After that he went downhill. Not sure why Southend took him back again. Surely there were other options.

I'm always willing to listen to people's opinions Roma, and though SB has been slated on occasions he's posted some clog iron on this board that's been interesting to read even if I haven't agreed with all of it. If I didn't know he was a retired journalist I'd swear he was an undertaker called Frazer.

I'm always willing to listen to Arb's opinions.

Private Godfrey always comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I'm always willing to listen to Arb's opinions.

Private Godfrey always comes to mind.
    Lol

.. Anyway, speaking of clogs, Phil Brown was fairly impressive with the job he did at Hull. After that he went downhill. Not sure why Southend took him back again. Surely there were other options.
    Ahh nice to see somebody go back to what this thread was originally about, before somebody killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ahh nice to see somebody go back to what this thread was originally about, before somebody killed it.
    Oh - I don’t think so.
    The original post has generated 38 responses - this will be the 39th.
    That’s a good response which has generated a lot of debate.
    All good stuff.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast