+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New manager

My dad once bought a dog called Stan after Stan Ternant. I walked it with pride. Then he renamed it Prince and I never walked it again.

Paul Simpson’s ill isn’t he? I’d still have him back though.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    My dad once bought a dog called Stan after Stan Ternant. I walked it with pride. Then he renamed it Prince and I never walked it again.

Paul Simpson’s ill isn’t he? I’d still have him back though.
    Probably the obvious question...but why did he rename it Prince?

Purple rain in West Cumbria?

He renamed it because he didn’t get the association because he wasn’t a football fan. This was well before the minuscule guitar-botherer appeared on the scene. Think DDeep Purple and Zeppelin.

He renamed it because he didn’t get the association because he wasn’t a football fan. This was well before the minuscule guitar-botherer appeared on the scene. Think DDeep Purple and Zeppelin.
    Struggling here.

Black dog?

Probably Charles. He was a bit of a monarchist.

Probably Charles. He was a bit of a monarchist.
    Probably Charles?

I was also struggling with the Led Zep association and you reply with Probably Charles? 🤔

What??? Stan Ogden?

Barry - who is your money on?

Heh. I referenced DP and LZ to reveal when it was - well before Sheena Easton’s employer. Who knows what was in me old man’s heed; I can’t ask him and he loved the royal family so….

Quote Originally Posted by cayambe View Post
    Barry - who is your money on?
    I don't think there's any way you can tell. the big unponderable is whether they go for another Beech type with all the fancy spiel but not a single promotion on his cv or whether they realise they don't have the time for another 3-year project and need to get somebody in now who will get them a promotion now preferably this season.

And with that in mind, i can't see either of the two ex-players currently earning their corn in the lower reaches of the Scottish Leagues having that immediate effect. And the same i.m afraid goes for Skelton too.

Right now i.d love to see Jenkins grow some balls sack Holdsworth and appoint Tashy Mick who after the last week clearly has a great affection for the club and the area in his place and let him choose a couple of coaches to work under him maybe one up and coming and one old head.

Personally, i think its a big shame he.s got health problems because now could have been just the right time to have brought back Paul Simpson.

But the one thing i would do right now would be to persuade Eric Kinder not to walk away because from what i know about the bloke skills and knowledge like his aren't things that come along every day and to lose them because some jumped up **** made him feel sidelined would be a crime.

Having watched what i have [ which this season isn't much i admit ] my prognosis is that the players Beech brought in during the summer have been a total waste of time and money and in no way get anywhere near adequately replacing the players that were allowed to leave. But I think right now might just be the time to throw the kids in and let's find out if they're as good as we think that they might be.

But as i say the really big and bold decision right now would be to dispense with the services of Holdsworth quick enough that he doesn't get the slightest input in the new management decision. His penny-pinching ways have now cost us 3 years and instead of that it really is time that Jenny stepped back to what she's good at ie sorting out the running of the shop, the website is a joke and the range on offer is even worse. Get a commercial manager in who given a half-decent team on the pitch especially with the local lads involved could monetise the fans and get the lapsed lads interested again to the point where you could put the 500k back into the playing budget and then let the transfer fees and sell ons cover the other 500k yearly deficit until success on the pitch brought in the other half a million.

So all in all we. re not just looking for a new first-team manager we're looking for a whole new management structure from CEO downwards and in my oppinion until we get one in that has ambition and success written thru it rather than failiure and mediocrity absolutely nothing will change.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)