+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New manager

Well stated Barry - you've articulated what many think.

Cracking post NS

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Cracking post NS
    And this just about sums up what you're up against

The cash position declined by a million while Curle was manager. Difficult to see what more evidence than that we would need.

If we earn from transfers £2m more than is required to pay Day's pals, Clibbins will stick it on deposit and release it at £400k pa, for 5 years. He is buying 5 years of stability. He has no faith that success on the field will result in increased income because it hasn't in the past. So after 5 years, with a little hope and a little luck, we'll end up right back where we started.

That's from Marko over in the other place.

And while we have people who think like that and encourage people like Clibbins to act like that the club will never go anywhere.

Spend the 500k and on the back of a successful season monetise the fans and attract new ones and you.ll find generating the extra million quid is a piece of piss. Why do we have people sat in the stand with season tickets which cost them well under 300 quid when they could afford to pay 3 times that and would if you gave them something extra for their cash.

Take a look at Morecambe yes they got all the publicity for cutting the price of basic season tickets but what isn't quite as well known is that ST.s in the executive area there cost nearly £500 and the executive area this season extends to nearly a third of the stand.

And while we.re talking about Morecambe, this season it's pretty certain that their income this season will overtake ours christ you couldn't have dreamt that in your worst nightmares even just 18 months ago.

And then look at Accy and their new hospitality areas its split in two one half aimed at your normal fans where the aim will be to get the fans to buy that extra pint and spend every last penny they have in their pockets that bar will still be rocking at 7pm after a match because Andy Holt will make sure that it is. But then look at the other 50% of the new building designed for fans who want a bit more and built with 40 metres of viewing platform ready for the change in the law that's coming. And to illuminate that they've just poached the sales and events manager from Burnley to run it.

And that's just two examples of how we're getting left behind and its no coincidence that there are two clubs not a fraction of our size or potential but who are leaving us behind and for whose visionary owners are being rewarded by playing at a level right now we can only dream of.

I believe if things arent done now to start to catch up it may well be too late as we.ll no longer be seen as Carlisle United a proper traditional well run club but as Carlisle United, a club that's run on a shoestring without an ounce of ambition beyond getting to the end of the season without going bust.

You have that right Barry. Marketing is concentrated on making pennies that possibly do not cover the cost of the people employed to implemeny the strategy. We need some lateral thinking and a move into a modern approch to running a football club. I suspect that releasing Mr Holdsworth's salary to fund a robust plan would pay dividends.

Quote Originally Posted by cayambe View Post
    You have that right Barry. Marketing is concentrated on making pennies that possibly do not cover the cost of the people employed to implemeny the strategy. We need some lateral thinking and a move into a modern approch to running a football club. I suspect that releasing Mr Holdsworth's salary to fund a robust plan would pay dividends.
    Personally i.d use Clibbins wage to fund a **** hot commercial manager. Get Jenkins to sell one of the tranches of shares to someone looking for a CEO position as well as an investment in the club and then use Holdsworth's wage to fund a real Director of Football who works 60 hours a week instead of the current incumbents 16 and then the manager and coaches wages to employ two proper coaches with success on their cv.s [ i.d imagine the stand out line on Skeletons is who is sister is ].

That way we might start to move forward on and off the pitch using a bit of success on it to generate cash off it after all put 1200 on the gate and you're half way to the million in extra turnover.

I have read up on the various candidates and go for John McGreal. With Danny as assistant

By all accounts McGreal has some really, really dodgy acquaintances including those who are under EFL investigation for the way they tried to take control of us in the summer.

We were without a manager and he apparently had the attitude at interview of a man who already had the job due to the people who wanted to take control. He wasn’t very happy when we appointed somebody else bless him.

I haven’t read up on any of them. I’d rather wait and see who’s appointed,THEN point and laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    I haven’t read up on any of them. I’d rather wait and see who’s appointed,THEN point and laugh.
    It’ll be Holdsworths mate!

I’ve missed Barry’s posts, on the money with football.

Who is DH 's mate?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)