+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: ot - Rugby league, Hull Fc & Wakey & Batley etc

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    My Qtr finals preds are 3 away wins and a home win.
    So I think Cass, St Helens, Wigan, and Hudds are going through.
    From what I saw last Sunday especially in the second half we have the capability to beat Wigan on home soil .

The question is can we execute what we have as a group of young and exciting players who are extremely capable with ball in hand ? .

It's going to be a close game in my opinion and the margins between winning and losing extremely slim .

The home advantage is massive for Trin against Wigan and as ever in games like this you need the break of the ball .

We aren't complete underdogs by any means but we have to produce our A game none the less to progress to the semi final .

You might be right, based on what I saw of Wigan this week against Hull in the league.
    Like I said I din't think they looked like a top of the table team at all, and were more than a bit lucky to snatch it with a late drop goal.
    The Cup though is different, and theres no easy games now at the Qtr finals stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    You might be right, based on what I saw of Wigan this week against Hull in the league.
    Like I said I din't think they looked like a top of the table team at all, and were more than a bit lucky to snatch it with a late drop goal.
    The Cup though is different, and theres no easy games now at the Qtr finals stage.
    The biggest hurdle is the mental side of this tie Acido for Trin in my opinion .

Dress it up how we want but Wigan are a powerhouse club who take getting to finals for granted .

We don't .

Trin have to believe they are better than Wigan despite the history and play the game that's in front of them .

When you have an abject history of failure it isn't so easy .

That Wigan shirt should mean nothing to Trin if we are to progress is my point .

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Got my ticket for the home game tomorrow v Salford need a big performance and get another win.
    keep us updated Chops ,

There's no doubt that Trinity jersey wears heavy when it comes to the Challenge Cup , everyone who plays for us is more than aware how long it's been since we made a Challenge Cup final ( 1979 ) or even won it ( 1963 ) and the longer it goes on the harder it gets .

I can almost guarantee on the BBC in the build up to the game it will get mentioned , probably a few times .

I think I'm right in saying every Super League club or even some now in the championship have at least made the final or even won it since we last made a final , everyone apart from us ..........even bloody Sheffield Eagles !!! .

I first walked through those turnstiles at Belle Vue in 1982 , I should have known then what I was letting myself in for as we were relegated to the second division for the first time in the club's history , Cas sent us down on the last day of the season ....... Dear me !!!

In all those years I've seen us lift the last ever Yorkshire Cup in 1993 and win the championship Grand Final to get to Super League .

That's it in 40 years .

Reight glory hunter me .

😂😂😂😂

Tha should folla a reyt teeum Animal !! My lot BATLEY ! Carnt shift fo Silverware darn Mt Pleasant ,,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Tha should folla a reyt teeum Animal !! My lot BATLEY ! Carnt shift fo Silverware darn Mt Pleasant ,,
    Proper Rugby League town Roma , all the time in the world for Batley and Dewsbury because it's proper RL territory .

The first game of the season when we went down for the first time ever to the second division in 1982 was Dewsbury away .

I couldn't believe how big that ground was in those days , it's a shadow of that today but my point is it was big because Dewsbury had the support back then .

We went all over that season , Bramley , Batley , Dewsbury , Hunslet , Blackpool Borough , Swinton , Huyton , Oldham , Rochdale .

Fulham pipped us to the league all though we were promoted in second place , that's the Trinity way !!! .

Batley had some real passionate fans if I remember right , proper vociferous , gave us hell for 80 minutes on the terraces , not nasty just banter but they really loved their club and had no time for big time Charlie's like Trinity in the second division .

Great days which I remember with fondness .

The game isn't like that now with super league and in many respects it's the poorer for it .

I bet Chop is enjoying this .

Trinity 24 - 4 Salford at half time .

Maybe not

Wakefield 24 - 18 Salford

13 minutes left .

Typical Trinity .

Batley 26 12 up at Barra 😃

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast