+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: ot - Rugby league, Hull Fc & Wakey & Batley etc

Finished Wakefield 30 - 24 Salford

From the sublime to the ridiculous , awful second half from Trinity .

Worryingly star man Tom Johnstone went off at half time with a knock .

Let's hope it was a precaution and an eye on next Sunday .

30 18 away win Batley , Chops in Wakey Theatre Club 🍺

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Batley 26 12 up at Barra 😃
    Batley up to 6th , good win that Roma against a very decent championship side in Barra .

I used to go past the Joosbry RL ground regularly when I was on the bus to Hudds.
    And that few seconds that it took to go past the ground, was probly more exciting than 80 odd minutes of ruggery there. 😅

Im guessing flatly Batley is exactly the same ehh Mr. McRoma ?. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I used to go past the Joosbry RL ground regularly when I was on the bus to Hudds.
    And that few seconds that it took to go past the ground, was probly more exciting than 80 odd minutes of ruggery there. 😅

if tha warra reyt rugby fan thadda been ? Tharra plastic tho 😃🍺 Del n Rodneys been to Hull moor than thee 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post

Not exactly , they won the first division title in 1973 in front of almost 20k against Leeds .

Stevo of Sky Sports fame was in that Dewsbury team back then .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    if tha warra reyt rugby fan thadda been ? Tharra plastic tho 😃🍺 Del n Rodneys been to Hull moor than thee 🤣
    Ive bin to Hull more times than I can remember, because I have a lot of connections with the East coast.
    When I goto Hornsea & Skipsea & Bridsea for example, more people know me there than in my own taarn of Normy lol.
    Del & the plonker going to Hull n back was a great episode btw. 😅

Great first half. Some brilliant attacking rugby from Trinity.

Second half Salford hit back, a mixture of a swirling wind and Wakefield switching off. Thankfully we managed to get a try to extend our lead at a crucial time.

Tom Johnstone was superb with ball in hand also in defence, hopefully taken of at half time was a precautionary measure.

Up to 6th in the league.

Wigan will be favourites for the Challenge Cup game next Saturday but who knows.

A nice Sunday meal washed down with a few glasses of red and just taken off my Wakefield Trinity scarf.

Good evening all.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Great first half. Some brilliant attacking rugby from Trinity.

Second half Salford hit back, a mixture of a swirling wind and Wakefield switching off. Thankfully we managed to get a try to extend our lead at a crucial time.

Tom Johnstone was superb with ball in hand also in defence, hopefully taken of at half time was a precautionary measure.

Up to 6th in the league.

Wigan will be favourites for the Challenge Cup game next Saturday but who knows.

A nice Sunday meal washed down with a few glasses of red and just taken off my Wakefield Trinity scarf.

Good evening all.
    Did a bit of complacency kick in in that second half Chop ?

The commentators on Radio Leeds were creaming themselves in that first half with the standard of our play .

Second half not so good .

We seem a very dangerous team to face this season , capable of ripping the best to bits but at the same time we've some mental flaws to overcome .

Going to be a very interesting game next Sunday Chop and one I'm really looking forward to .

Fingers crossed mate .

Early second half we were well pinned into our own 22. Wind and a couple of freebies from us gave Salford the impetus. As you say Animal mental flaws.... and at both ends of the pitch.

Work in progress but a lot of positives.

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast