+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Larkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    If, that in all these TV dramas/films the main plot is not affected, why not make the rest of the action match the era that the storyline is set in. Yes, we understand that it is fiction but surely this will make it more watchable and believable for the viewer. It spoils it for me if I know that there are obvious inaccuracies.
    Just a quick thought, it's probably best you avoid attending nativity plays in future. God's probably gay these days so Joseph will be mother. Now that would fry your brain 😊 .

Thanks for that '68, but joking apart, it's nothing to do with ***ual orientation but getting the facts correct concerning different eras. I wouldn't have thought it was that difficult. I suppose others might think I'm just being picky.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    With due respect you have no idea how I think but you have jumped to quite a few assumptions. I always defended anyone black who was mistreated at school and had a deep love for red indians and even bought books on chief Seattle’s quotes about the mistreatment from whites. Very moving raw and honest works. Ann Boleyn was not black. Full stop. Modern storylines misrepresent the truth. Artistic license doesn’t mean you have to lie about Victorian values for example. Are we going to have a new schindlers list with all black prisoners for the sake of proportional representation? Or how about a film about Obama played by Sean bean? I don’t want to see that.
    Not sure I jumped to any assumptions happy for you to correct me if I did
    I do honestly think the issue around reporting accuracy wasn’t addressed though
    Do you get equally as upset enough to want to stop watching tv when other issues are not reported accurately

PS I would love to see Sean Bean play Obama, do it for Yorkshire
    Also I’m not in the slightest offended by a person changing their colour to look like someone else, the bit that grates with me is when a stereotype is used along side this (think of all the 1960s and 70s comedies)
    If someone who is not the same colour wants to portray someone else and change their physical appearance to match, I’m cool with that

I also wouldn’t lose my sleep if the prisoners in any entertainment film or programme didn’t match accurately because like Blood said accuracy should come from other areas eg books Or historical accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    As others have said, the point is in making a distinction between drama (not real) and documentary (factual). Surely any actor/actress can play any role? Or can they? Think about the Shakespeare era when the women's parts had to be played by young lads as women were not allowed to act or all those cowboy and Indian films where white actors played the Indians or Jean Simmons playing the part of a Himmalayan girl in "Black Narcissus". Maybe it was a lack of ethnic actors or maybe it was the dreaded "race appropriation". Personally, I quite enjoyed the recent David Copperfield production as I did the Bridgerton series and have no issue with seeing Brown or back faces in roles that would normally be given to white actors in these circumstances. We are all aware that these stories are set in periods of time where this would not be historically accurate but as the stories themselves are not about race, does it then really matter?. If you are proclaiming to make an historically accurate piece however or one dealing with real historical people then maybe it does. Would a white portrayal of Martin Luther King be acceptable ? (They had enough problems with some Afro-Americans as it was for casting a British Black actor) What about Ben Kingsley as Ghandi? Could a white or Brown actor play Muhammid Ali? Or Black or Brown one play George Best? I would argue that an actor of any ethnic background should be able to play any role in a work of fiction as it is an interpretation of that work, but that it remains important to be as historically accurate as possible when it comes to producing factual documentaries and this includes race. To not do so would be-as others have pointed out-to risk giving the wrong (unfactual) impression to the audience.
    Good points, Ben Kingsley is only half Indian and could some one non black play a black part I’d have to say yes, but if there was to be some likeness of n actual person I’d expect some sort of prosthetics and a reason for this, same as if a black person was playing a white person (there have been many artistic reasons in the past for much worse)

I totally actually agree facts should be fact when reporting such, so do you agree that Jesus should be shown to be more likely a darker skinned darker haired man, that we should report that even 70 years ago humans beings were treated as animals or a sub species because if the colour of their skin

Everyone getting picky about historical accuracy needs to think of all of the inaccuracies in what you may be aware of and what is taught and accepted as fact

I’m sure there are things that most ethnic people aren’t aware of due to reporting inaccuracies or unwillingness which if they are out in the open more will cause much more animosity and issues and there isn’t generally a lot of understanding towards their bitterness

Finally he's put the disappointment of not being the next James Bond and instead as landed the role he as dreamed of doing since he was a kid he will be portraying Agatha Christie in the new biopic of her life

Name:  iu.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  7.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Finally he's put the disappointment of not being the next James Bond and instead as landed the role he as dreamed of doing since he was a kid he will be portraying Agatha Christie in the new biopic of her life

🤣🤣🤣 .

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post

😂

In a further drive towards diversity I’d like to announce that in the upcoming story of the West Brom FootyMad site at the movies I’ll be playing 123.

Soulman will be playing Oldham and Des will be playing Carolgees.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    In a further drive towards diversity I’d like to announce that in the upcoming story of the West Brom FootyMad site at the movies I’ll be playing 123.

Soulman will be playing Oldham and Des will be playing Carolgees.
    It’s discrimination, Kettering folk are being excluded!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    It’s discrimination, Kettering folk are being excluded!
    I couldn't give a sh it if Kettering folk are being excluded but I defend your rite to protest and am hereby offended on your behalf. Down with this sort of thing 😎 .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)