+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Is there any point of playing tippy tappy football in tier 5?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    I still think that leaving at least one player on the half way line occupies two of their defenders
    I.B's weird thinking is that you have to take a defender out to go with the player upfield leaving defence short, but don't that make opponents 1 player short in attack. That's how i understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    I.B's weird thinking is that you have to take a defender out to go with the player upfield leaving defence short, but don't that make opponents 1 player short in attack. That's how i understood it.
    When did he say that?

His answer at the fans forum was purely about reducing space in our area when defending corners. His attitude was basically do whatever is best to reduce the chance of conceding. None of that comes across at weird.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    When did he say that?

His answer at the fans forum was purely about reducing space in our area when defending corners. His attitude was basically do whatever is best to reduce the chance of conceding. None of that comes across at weird.
    This is my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Great Post anticlough, had some great times with Warnock but was glad to see the back of him after that Tuesday night 0 2 to Sunderland, it was awful football. Next up was Tranmere at home , couldn't believe it when we kicked off by passing the ball along the grass, won 5 1
    You was glad to see warnock gone ?? - no wonder the club have ended up in such a mess. I suppose more recently you were the type who was glad to see Curle, and Nolan gone, and the very same people are happy with Ardley and IB, you could not make this up really

Warnocks style and success is very good really for championship level clubs. He has an effective plan, which is by and large successfull at that level
    In terms of premier league the clubs he has managed, they have never really been premier league clubs, he might get them to that level, but when the clubs spending on players is actually the lowest, or one of the lowest in that division, it is very hard to keep the clubs at that level
    It would have been far more interesting to see what Warnock could have achieved in the premier league, if he was given an unlimited cheque book as many teams have in the premier league

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567