+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Admin appeals 12 point deduction

... and still not a single question answered. Good night. Sleep tight.

Derby dragged it out?

They can't attend a hearing until the EFL convenes one.

They can't do anything after the hearing until the EFL gives a verdict etc etc etc etc

I'm just going to drop this futility now as you will NEVER, EVER answer a question so I won't waste any more time on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I don't agree with either the appeal or the reason given. Using my regular phrase, suck it up buttercup.
    The Administrators are doing their job, which is to explore every angle to improve the clubs position and get it sold, so even if there is a 50/50 chance of any appeal succeeding, they at least have to try. After all the Wendies got 6pts knocked off their sanction somehow, not that it did the much good!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    The Administrators are doing their job, which is to explore every angle to improve the clubs position and get it sold, so even if there is a 50/50 chance of any appeal succeeding, they at least have to try. After all the Wendies got 6pts knocked off their sanction somehow, not that it did the much good!
    Fair go but a few hundred thousand down the chutes doesn't sit well with me. A friend of mine from Chesterfield who follows Sheff Wed and Derby from afar says there's a key difference in attitude, his assessment is that Wednesday were too negative in their response to the punishment and it spread to the stands and the pitch, Derby appear to have grasped the fact that theres a perverse prize to be had (championship survival) from minute 1 and got on with it, team and supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Fair go but a few hundred thousand down the chutes doesn't sit well with me. A friend of mine from Chesterfield who follows Sheff Wed and Derby from afar says there's a key difference in attitude, his assessment is that Wednesday were too negative in their response to the punishment and it spread to the stands and the pitch, Derby appear to have grasped the fact that theres a perverse prize to be had (championship survival) from minute 1 and got on with it, team and supporters.
    Maybe Derby have less fickle supporters? Yes its a gamble but then I guess success would mean a few million on the plus side?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Maybe Derby have less fickle supporters?
    Suspect Derby’s fans are no less ‘fickle’ than any others. Maybe it’s just that those that actually are still going are the more genuine supporters who respond to the effort on show.

You could be right, though its clear that Derby have considerable "hardcore" support, I mean around 23-25,000 still went to home games during the boring dull going nowhere Clough Jnr games, whereas other similar clubs support seems to tail off to below 15,000 in the same circumstances.

The appeal seems to have been put on hold...... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59215252

Might it be that the reported deal of 3 points for FFP breaches is in return for dropping our appeal?

If accepting the 12 in return for "only an extra 3" means getting a sale completed, to someone who is in it for the right reasons (and maybe a selfish one or two as well), before the January transfer window opens then I am all for it. Especially considering my view that the appeal is a non-starter as Mel had overspent by about £220M over 6 years prior to Covid. Covid was no ore than the last straw IMO.

Might it just be that this was the outcome the Admins were angling after when they launched the appeal? If so, great move lads.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The appeal seems to have been put on hold...... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59215252

Might it be that the reported deal of 3 points for FFP breaches is in return for dropping our appeal?

If accepting the 12 in return for "only an extra 3" means getting a sale completed, to someone who is in it for the right reasons (and maybe a selfish one or two as well), before the January transfer window opens then I am all for it. Especially considering my view that the appeal is a non-starter as Mel had overspent by about £220M over 6 years prior to Covid. Covid was no ore than the last straw IMO.

Might it just be that this was the outcome the Admins were angling after when they launched the appeal? If so, great move lads.
    If it was, then I think Reading would have something to say about that.
    12 points foradmin was a given for anyone.

To wangle 9 +3 down to 3, when Reading got 9, opens a can of worms. I can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    If it was, then I think Reading would have something to say about that.
    12 points foradmin was a given for anyone.

To wangle 9 +3 down to 3, when Reading got 9, opens a can of worms. I can't see it.
    Who mentioned 9 + 3 apart from you TTR? My post, which you quoted and answered, states QUOTE If accepting the 12 in return for "only an extra 3" means getting a sale completed UNQUOTE. When I went to school 12 + 3 was 15.

The 12 being for Administration and 3 for FFP.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

If that brings an end to it...then I agree with you, bring it on and let’s move forward.
    I really can’t see us avoiding relegation, but if that’s the price we have to pay for alleged mismanagement and we can start next season amongst the favourites for promotion from League One, with decent ‘straight’ ownership and a realistically ambitious manager I’ll settle for that right now.
    Anything more would seem like an unlikely bonus.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)