+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attn:-Animal & Roma

Attn:-Animal & Roma

Just to let you lads know I am returning to Filey on the lovely North Yorkshire Coast to live.I have had my fill of Doncaster after having my new Mercedes car stolen from the drive and they attempted to steal the replacement.As for the town of Doncaster,I don’t feel safe walking in the town centre with gangs of young immigrants,drug addicts and used needles on the pavements and gutters.if my phone rings when I am in town I will not answer it in case someone pinches it.It was not like this when I lived near Doncaster over 20 years ago and it came as a big shock to see the once lovely town centre reduced to such a terrible state.I have a bungalow near to the Filey town centre and of course I will be taking my little dog for walks on the beautiful Filey beach.I sincerely hope your health improves in the future Roma,I will be thinking of you,I am not a religious sort of chap but if I get inside a church I promise to get on my knees and say a little prayer for you.Mind you with me being in my 80s I should be doing some praying for myself just to be on the safe side.Animal please keep fighting for our beloved football club for me,these owners do not give a toss about the football club,Oakwell stadium or the town itself.Poor Nudger just thinks because he has shaken hands with members of the consortium it makes him a member of it and believes everything they tell him,just tel him that in2009 I received an invitation to visit Buckingham Palace from Prince Andrew to celebrate 100 years of Naval Aviation and although this little old Barnsley fan mingled with Royalty and senior officers of the Royal Navy for the day it didn’t mean I was a member of the Royal Court I was just an ex miner from Manvers Main and I started work underground on my 15th birthday.I doubt that you will alter his views because he wouldn’t see the truth if it hit him in the face.Please you and the rest of the lads on this board keep fighting for the club for us older members who have had to give up the fight through old age.If there is a God I hope he looks after our friend Roma and you Animal he helps with the fight against the owners,Now after saying that I will have to start going to church again.GOOD LUCK LADS.

As I’ve said - I’ve a relative who lived in High Melton and now lives in Cadeby.
    He’s a similar age to me and we spent decades knocking about together in pubs.
    Some of that time around Doncaster.

I’ve always thought Doncaster is a great place and got a hell of a lot going for it.
    Motorway links.
    Flat land for development - especially around the M18.
    Good town centre.
    East Coast Main Line.
    And now a brilliant little airport.

But what it hasn’t got going for it - are the people that live there.
    Generally speaking - Donny folk compared to Tarn folk are like chalk and cheese.
    And all I can put this down to is there are more wealthy communities in Doncaster - so most people are wondering who you are and how much you are worth.
    Nowt like that in Barnsley where you can drop someone in Goldthorpe or Darton or Hoyland or wherever and they wouldn’t know where they were cos it’s more or less looks all the same.

Went into Tarn Saturday dinner time and it was great to be there.
    Only time I’ve seen it as busy is at Christmas.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 11-10-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fileytyke View Post
    Just to let you lads know I am returning to Filey on the lovely North Yorkshire Coast to live.I have had my fill of Doncaster after having my new Mercedes car stolen from the drive and they attempted to steal the replacement.As for the town of Doncaster,I don’t feel safe walking in the town centre with gangs of young immigrants,drug addicts and used needles on the pavements and gutters.if my phone rings when I am in town I will not answer it in case someone pinches it.It was not like this when I lived near Doncaster over 20 years ago and it came as a big shock to see the once lovely town centre reduced to such a terrible state.I have a bungalow near to the Filey town centre and of course I will be taking my little dog for walks on the beautiful Filey beach.I sincerely hope your health improves in the future Roma,I will be thinking of you,I am not a religious sort of chap but if I get inside a church I promise to get on my knees and say a little prayer for you.Mind you with me being in my 80s I should be doing some praying for myself just to be on the safe side.Animal please keep fighting for our beloved football club for me,these owners do not give a toss about the football club,Oakwell stadium or the town itself.Poor Nudger just thinks because he has shaken hands with members of the consortium it makes him a member of it and believes everything they tell him,just tel him that in2009 I received an invitation to visit Buckingham Palace from Prince Andrew to celebrate 100 years of Naval Aviation and although this little old Barnsley fan mingled with Royalty and senior officers of the Royal Navy for the day it didn’t mean I was a member of the Royal Court I was just an ex miner from Manvers Main and I started work underground on my 15th birthday.I doubt that you will alter his views because he wouldn’t see the truth if it hit him in the face.Please you and the rest of the lads on this board keep fighting for the club for us older members who have had to give up the fight through old age.If there is a God I hope he looks after our friend Roma and you Animal he helps with the fight against the owners,Now after saying that I will have to start going to church again.GOOD LUCK LADS.
    Good to hear you're coming back to the east coast Filey. The sea air will ensure that you receive your 100 telegram and maybe another visit to the palace with any luck.

In the local Doncaster paper a few weeks ago the headlines read “Doncaster,the most dangerous town in South Yorkshire”
    That is why I am going back to Filey.

When I was at Barnsley College I used to sit next to a guy that left the pit and joined the police force around the time of the miners strike.
    He was stationed in Barnsley.

He’s a Barnsley fan and about 15 years ago I bumped into him in a pub in Barnsley.
    I asked if he was still a copper In Barnsley.
    And he said no he had moved to Donny.
    I said - well that will be similar to Barnsley then.

And this is what he said …..
    The Mexborough and Conisborough area is similar to Barnsley - if there’s any bother we know who’s door to knock on.
    But that’s not the same for the rest of Donny - because they put immigrants on trains in London and send them up the East Coast Main Line.
    Their first stop is Peterborough and the second stop is Donny.
    As a result - we (police) have got about 25,000 people living in Donny that we have no records of.

Now then - that was 15 or more years ago - so what’s the situation like now !?!?!
    Plus - Doncaster has the biggest traveler community in England.
    Plus - the Pitsmoor Gang from Sheffield moved into Mexborough.
    Mi cousin has a business in Balby and he says Hexthorpe now is a no go area.

Donny is being "levelled up" to be like Chalfont St Giles in the Chilterns. Done in time for Christmas.

Have you ever lived in Doncaster?

Stunning little piece of England is Filey. My parents had a place there for about 15 years and it was our weekend getaway at least once a month. But I need to ask, are you a Dickie Bs or an Ingham's man?

https://fb.watch/8A8kwPJAPf/

I knew this man.
    The most extraordinary man I’ve ever met.
    And anyone else who’s lived in Sprotborough will know him.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 11-10-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Your like a national treasure Mr Filey sir and I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles .

Hope you settle back in to life on the Yorkshire Coast very quickly .

As far as this lot are concerned who own this club I'll do what I can which may not amount to much but we'll see .

Keep in touch Mr Filey when you get settled in .

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast