+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are our top 5 players

Who are our top 5 players

Easy for me - in no particular order

Rapha
    KP
    Meslier
    Llorente
    James

Honourable mentions to Koch, Rodrigo and Dallas

Think Strujik is in the honorable mention if not top 5. He's physical and has a good sense of what's a threat on the pitch.

Hope the red card situation does not change him too much.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post

Rapha
    KP
    Meslier
    Llorente
    James

For me
    KP
    Rapha
    Meslier
    Dallas
    Bamf
    Don't get me started on Rod or I'll call WTF back to back me

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post

Rapha
    KP
    Meslier
    Llorente
    James

I'd agree with the first three plus Bam Bam and the other two should be in the frame going forward?

As much for extended service, I can see good reasons for considering all of the following too...

Ayling, Dallas, Cooper, Harrison and Klich.

I think its very hard to judge but if our squad was entirely fit and EVERYONE was available I'd probably have to go with this

1- KP
    2- Meslier
    3- Raphina
    4- Llorente
    5- Bamford

Reason I go with this order is without KP I don't see anyone good enough for that pivotal role and same with Meslier, I've seen that new keeper and well, he looks pretty dire and Meslier lets be honest has kept us from getting thumped a few times this season. If we are without Raphinha, although yes it is definitely weakining our team significantly I don't think the impact is as great as losing the other 2 because of James/Harrison/Summerville.

Llorente nearly went top spot for me but think if Koch and Struijk are fit they'd do well but whenever Llorente comes back from injury we look a different unit at the back it is no surprise when he came back at back end of last season we went on that run of being undefeated and looking solid at the back.

Bamford was a tricky, very important to us but don't think we miss him as much as the rest.

If it is just who is best talent wise its probably more

1- Raphina
    2- KP
    3- Llorente
    4- Meslier (though 3-4 years could easily be our best player if he continues to develop)
    5- Bamford

Been a big fan but Meslier has cost us some points the last couple of games. The New Castle goal would have been stopped by our Keep in my over 60 league and at least one of the goals against Villa should have been stopped.

Wonder if he's starting to believe the hype about him or what his agent's telling him.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Been a big fan but Meslier has cost us some points the last couple of games. The New Castle goal would have been stopped by our Keep in my over 60 league and at least one of the goals against Villa should have been stopped.

Wonder if he's starting to believe the hype about him or what his agent's telling him.
    I missed that game and vaguely saw a clip of it. Thought it took a deflection from our player so put him off. Or it might have bounced in front of him.

Barcodes goal was more how he set up the wall - it bounced in front of him when he saw it late.

Last night he might have stopped the second but not sure he should have

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    I missed that game and vaguely saw a clip of it. Thought it took a deflection from our player so put him off. Or it might have bounced in front of him.
    It didn't clip anyone, just a mistake - but think he has saved us on far more occasions than he has cost us to be fair to the lad

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    It didn't clip anyone, just a mistake - but think he has saved us on far more occasions than he has cost us to be fair to the lad
    Yeah not blaming him we have far more deficiencies was just curious people saying was his fault. I did say either clip or bounced up and hope verified was the latter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)