+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Derby Administrators Miss A Trick

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Not so rA, what I wrote was precisely what I meant! It's a quote from Joseph Heller's Catch 22 if you require provenance

So, umm, a classic own goal of TTR proportions by yourself!
    Erm...I didn’t write that...either...not sure why you’re replying to me.

Maybe it has Andy...but imo the one you included wasn’t one of them.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 12-10-2021 at 09:55 AM.

A doctor, a lawyer, and a teacher were waiting to be guillotined by the Taliban.

They tested it by chopping off the head of a goat. They dragged over the doctor. "Do you have anything to say?" "Why kill me? I'm a doctor. I can treat your sick and injured." "Off with his head!" shouted the mullah. The crowd roared. The doctor was stuffed into postition, the executioner jerked the lanyard and - nothing heppened. They took the doctor out and tried it on a goat. Chop! It worked perfectly.

A big cry went up from the crowd. "Spare the doctor. It is the will of God!" And the doctor was freed.

Next they dragged up to lawyer. "I'm a lawyer. I can represent your cause before the world court..." he was stuffed into the guillotine... the lanyard... nothing happened... the goat... the crowd "...the will of God" and the lawyer was freed.

Next they dragged up the teacher. He said: "There's a little nut that stops the latch lever every other pull. Gimme a file and I could file it down."

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Erm...I didn’t write that...either...not sure why you’re replying to me.

Maybe it has Andy...but imo the one you included wasn’t one of them.
    oops yes, it was MA not you - my apologies

A doctor, a lawyer, and a teacher were waiting to be guillotined by the Taliban.

They tested it by chopping off the head of a goat. They dragged over the doctor. "Do you have anything to say?" "Why kill me? I'm a doctor. I can treat your sick and injured." "Off with his head!" shouted the mullah. The crowd roared. The doctor was stuffed into postition, the executioner jerked the lanyard and - nothing heppened. They took the doctor out and tried it on a goat. Chop! It worked perfectly.

A big cry went up from the crowd. "Spare the doctor. It is the will of God!" And the doctor was freed.

Next they dragged up to lawyer. "I'm a lawyer. I can represent your cause before the world court..." he was stuffed into the guillotine... the lanyard... nothing happened... the goat... the crowd "...the will of God" and the lawyer was freed.

Next they dragged up the teacher. He said: "There's a little nut that stops the latch lever every other pull. Gimme a file and I could file it down."
    Missing of course was the accountant. Which type I'm not sure. There are of course three types of accountant, those who can count and those who can't

oops yes, it was MA not you - my apologies
    Blimey...apologies from Parkstone! That really is a first. Not my ’own goal of TTR proportions’ either I trust you’ll note.

Not so rA, what I wrote was precisely what I meant! It's a quote from Joseph Heller's Catch 22 if you require provenance

So, umm, a classic own goal of TTR proportions by yourself!
    If it's a quote, why not say so?

its a phrase I use regularly in normal speech, so I wasnt per se quoting him, but clarifying what I was trying to say !

If I'd have known it was an exam I would naturally have clarified my source

its a phrase I use regularly in normal speech, so I wasnt per se quoting him, but clarifying what I was trying to say !

If I'd have known it was an exam I would naturally have clarified my source
    But apparently without clarifying who you were actually talking to. It’s those lower case r’s and upper case M’s. Must be confusing.

Heard the one about the fun accountant? No...me neither.

Incidentally...the Heller quote is actually, ‘Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you’. No mention of ‘we’re all’ or ‘out to get you’. Maybe that’s just Mr. Stalker’s Freudian slip.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 12-10-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Come on rA, you'd hate it if we all just ignored you and left you muttering to yourself alone in the corner, like the community care outpatient in Costa Coffee. You thrive on the attention!

Come on rA, you'd hate it if we all just ignored you and left you muttering to yourself alone in the corner, like the community care outpatient in Costa Coffee. You thrive on the attention!
    Lol. You talking to me? You and your odd imagination sure this time?
    There you go again with your ‘we all’. Interesting bit of psychology there. Tbh I’m already ignoring your mate and I’d be more than happy if you ceased to respond too until you speak some sense. Your choice.

What’s the difference between an accountant and a lawyer? The accountant knows they’re boring.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 12-10-2021 at 03:10 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)