+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Interesting Facts Emerging About PMG

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Using the club's money to pay for the purchase is not an issue in itself is it SB - to be fair they've always said the club would be run on a self financing basis? It's more the stuff that's going on around the periphery, lack of communication on key events, shutting the west stand (when the council say it's safe - and therefore I believe it's safe), the situation with car parking, the reasons staff are leaving, the rumours of moving the club elsewhere, just the general poor attitude of the owners to the fans. Summats definitely not reyt darn theear.
    With all respect Arbs it is wrong to take money from the club's account to use as money to pay for the purchase of the club. The club's income is broadly £14 million pa made up of £8 million TV money, £4million ST and match tickets and £2million commercial/sponsorship . Added to this is any transfer income surplus and the owners have already claimed every penny of any transfer surplus will be ploughed back into the club.
    Say,for example, the £750 k has been taken from ST income. Are you saying fans were happy paying for their ticket being aware the money would be used by the owners to purchase the club rather than them spending their own money?

I say it's not reyt.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 12-10-2021 at 12:09 PM.

GUILTY of swallowing all whats been said by the owners. Especially after last season.
    But even i can see its wrong. Am getting worried about gonna teams like vauxhall motors. N Stocksbridge.....

Just can not see any reason to play a South Yorkshire Derby. With only 2k away fans and 2 sidesof season tickets only.... not even pay on the day... someone more intelligent please explain the economic sense. Cos im all out of ideas

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    GUILTY of swallowing all whats been said by the owners. Especially after last season.
    But even i can see its wrong. Am getting worried about gonna teams like vauxhall motors. N Stocksbridge.....

Just can not see any reason to play a South Yorkshire Derby. With only 2k away fans and 2 sidesof season tickets only.... not even pay on the day... someone more intelligent please explain the economic sense. Cos im all out of ideas
    Absolutely no idea myself as to why you would run a business in the way it's getting run at the moment .

Where this is all going is really concerning when on bbs accountants and people who know their way around business accounting are voicing huge concerns .

The amount of pride we had seeing those lads walk out in the play off semi final to the current position today in a matter of months is bewildering .

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post

It’s not being naive is it tho Daft.
    We can only judge these owners on what we see on the field - and you, as well as me, have seen a marked improvement in the quality of player.
    We have players out on loan and sat on the bench now that under Patrick would have walked straight into the 1st team.
    If people are disputing that fact then all I can say is that they have short memories.

OK - we have seen a dip this season so far (hence the consequent barrage of abuse towards the owners) but IMO this is a result of recruitment during the summer that’s gone tragically wrong.
    It’s not that the new players arn’t good enough - because all the evidence shows that they are.
    The problem has been that they arn’t fit enough - and in the case of Obbi he’s likely never to be fit enough.
    Under the circumstances of Morris getting injured the Obbi signing was massively important.
    And it’s fallen flat.

I don’t agree with funds from the club being directed away from the club and used to pay the owners debts.
    BUT - these owners are very apt at using money to get a good return.
    Personally I still have full faith in the owners.
    Looking at this message board and the BBS my opinion is in the minority.
    But that will never prevent me from voicing my opinions.
    We may be proved to be daft Daft but at the moment we need to keep the faith.
    👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    With all respect Arbs it is wrong to take money from the club's account to use as money to pay for the purchase of the club. The club's income is broadly £14 million pa made up of £8 million TV money, £4million ST and match tickets and £2million commercial/sponsorship . Added to this is any transfer income surplus and the owners have already claimed every penny of any transfer surplus will be ploughed back into the club.
    Say,for example, the £750 k has been taken from ST income. Are you saying fans were happy paying for their ticket being aware the money would be used by the owners to purchase the club rather than them spending their own money?

I say it's not reyt.
    SB, at the end of the day we would probably all have preferred to see the money being used to push the club forward by buying players or ground improvements. All I'm saying is that, in the whole scheme of things, it is just money; the owners may have put it in their pockets for the moment but that's 750k less that the club is worth if they sell.
    Now you may say that not spending the money may lead to the club performance being worse in the long run and therefore reducing the club's value, but that's up to the owners 'business decision' ,- they stand and fall by their decisions. But I don't think we can accuse the owners of anything other than bad decision making.
    I still remain extremely concerned about the other points that I raised in my comment.

The lad Red Rain on bbs from the outset was a supporter of the ownership doing things here financially that were very conservative .

The lad is clearly an accountant at a very high level given the knowledge he's shown on the thread we are discussing .

When someone like Red Rain is raising alarms and others too from that background have looked in to it also and backed it up then you know it's concerning , to say the least .

I'm not in favour of businesses getting bought in this way at all but none the less it's perfectly legal .

However this club is not profitable enough to be purchased in this way , £750k is a significant sum for a club who operate on the income we do , every penny counts .

What next players getting sold just so as PMG can finish paying the instalments due with no cost to themselves ? .

This is a question of credibility and whether they are fit and proper enough to be owning this club ?

I'd say definitely not because this is all about them getting out of this whatever it is they are seeking .

If it's detrimental to the club , our team , our staff and our fans then so what it would appear .

The damage done is repairable at present but much more of this and it may take some coming back from .

Before catastrophes finally play out in life there are warnings .

I'd suggest we ignore them at our peril .

These people need to sell up and go , quickly .

SB, at the end of the day we would probably all have preferred to see the money being used to push the club forward by buying players or ground improvements. All I'm saying is that, in the whole scheme of things, it is just money; the owners may have put it in their pockets for the moment but that's 750k less that the club is worth if they sell.
    Now you may say that not spending the money may lead to the club performance being worse in the long run and therefore reducing the club's value, but that's up to the owners 'business decision' ,- they stand and fall by their decisions. But I don't think we can accuse the owners of anything other than bad decision making.
    I still remain extremely concerned about the other points that I raised in my comment.
    Don't we as stakeholders in the club also stand and fall by their decisions ?

Not about state of the current team nudge....
    All i see is a chess match between people who are alot smarter than me. With the only people missing out are us the fans.
    A 3 sided half empty ground no one wants

What are the owners here for if they do not wish to see the club progress. Removing £750 K's worth of development is huge in Barnsley terms.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Don't we as stakeholders in the club also stand and fall by their decisions ?
    We certainly do Animal but we have no say 'financially' because we don't own any part of the club. In your other email above, I agree with the majority of it. It is a concern for the reasons you've said. But we have no option but to trust that it turns out to be a good business decision (but it is all money in the round so to speak). I am not so concerned about the 750k; my greater concerns are about the other aspects I've raised ie. Why are people leaving, why are the fans treated like nobodies, why are the talking about moving the club. Because if they do move the club, I won't be worried about where the 750k went; that'll be all the owners' problem I can assure you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast