+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Interesting Facts Emerging About PMG

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    What are the owners here for if they do not wish to see the club progress. Removing £750 K's worth of development is huge in Barnsley terms.
    Well it’s certainly in the bracket of another decent signing.
    Which at the moment we could do with.

It’s wrong IMO.
    But apparently it’s not illegal.
    The Glazers at Manchester United used the same tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Well it’s certainly in the bracket of another decent signing.
    Which at the moment we could do with.

It’s wrong IMO.
    But apparently it’s not illegal.
    The Glazers at Manchester United used the same tactics.
    It's called leveraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    It's called leveraging.
    Yep

What are the owners here for if they do not wish to see the club progress. Removing £750 K's worth of development is huge in Barnsley terms.
    Let me try and explain myself a bit better SB. The one thing that I trust these owners to do is to make themselves a tidy profit. They are here to make money. They apparently have money so in my book, have a track record of making money. They made money at Nice. They're at Barnsley to make money. It's their choice what they do with the 750k but I would bet they've done the best thing, in their view, to make money. To make money, they have to ensure that Barnsley football club is worth more than they paid for it when they come to sell it ie. It's a valuable commodity when they come to sell it.
    So the next thing that comes to my mind is how are they going to make Barnsley football club into that valuable commodity? And my first concern there is that they plan to do this by moving our ground elsewhere, outside the district. I'm happy for the owners to make money and if using the 750k, leveraging is the way that they do it, then fine. But I would not be happy to see the club moved from Oakwell and particularly not out of the district. That is where my support would end and that's why the other issues I've mentioned are of much more concern than the 750k.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Let me try and explain myself a bit better SB. The one thing that I trust these owners to do is to make themselves a tidy profit. They are here to make money. They apparently have money so in my book, have a track record of making money. They made money at Nice. They're at Barnsley to make money. It's their choice what they do with the 750k but I would bet they've done the best thing, in their view, to make money. To make money, they have to ensure that Barnsley football club is worth more than they paid for it when they come to sell it ie. It's a valuable commodity when they come to sell it.
    So the next thing that comes to my mind is how are they going to make Barnsley football club into that valuable commodity? And my first concern there is that they plan to do this by moving our ground elsewhere, outside the district. I'm happy for the owners to make money and if using the 750k, leveraging is the way that they do it, then fine. But I would not be happy to see the club moved from Oakwell and particularly not out of the district. That is where my support would end and that's why the other issues I've mentioned are of much more concern than the 750k.
    Do you mean ground share or a new stadium Arby ?

Ground sharing in my opinion would drastically lose any value there is here , if any .

We've already agreed a new stadium is financially beyond these owners commitments .

In my opinion raising the value of the club isn't where they see a profit .

The strategy is in the multi club policy to make money .

How and where I don't know but this multi club ownership strategy has to be key to it .

It depends on what we and more importantly what they see as progress, SB. Does everything come down to money with these people ?.
    Ive thought it for a few years now where they have ignored a potentially good signing for example who could give us progress. And they do this because hes apparently too old (30 or older), and won't have a good sell on gain at the end of it.
    Would this lot be happy to see us in the Conference, as long as they kept making profits on player sales ?.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Do you mean ground share or a new stadium Arby ?

Ground sharing in my opinion would drastically lose any value there is here , if any .

We've already agreed a new stadium is financially beyond these owners commitments .

In my opinion raising the value of the club isn't where they see a profit .

The strategy is in the multi club policy to make money .

How and where I don't know but this multi club ownership strategy has to be key to it .
    I wouldn't want a ground share and wouldn't want a new ground outside the borough. I'm not sure that I'd even want a new ground in the borough Animal. Would a groundshare reduce the profit; remember the owners don't own the ground.

I agree the multi club thing has a lot to do with it. But I don't think we've actually seen it reap any rewards yet have we?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    It depends on what we and more importantly what they see as progress, SB. Does everything come down to money with these people ?.
    Ive thought it for a few years now where they have ignored a potentially good signing for example who could give us progress. And they do this because hes apparently too old (30 or older), and won't have a good sell on gain at the end of it.
    Would this lot be happy to see us in the Conference, as long as they kept making profits on player sales ?.
    They're only interested in money in my view Acido. We haven't got a Leicester type owner here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Nar then.
    What have we here.
    SPOT ON in every way.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    There seems to be a lack of business acumen on here.
    You build a company to make more profit.
    You don’t reduce the size of the business to make less profit.
    I have never come across a company that purposely down sized to make less money.

I know I keep saying this but I can’t understand why others are not seeing this ………. If you build a company (football club) to make more money - then the owners will eventually benefit when they come to sell it - but as the company has increased in value (better stadium and team) then obviously the supporters benefit from the increased value (better stadium and team) of the club.

If the owners eventually sold the club and made a profit of say £50 Million - then all of us should rejoice in that.
    Because:
    1) The ground and squad is of significant higher value than what it is now.
    2) Someone has valued the club highly to the extent they want to buy it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast