+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Superman

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I think it’s more a case of being terrified as being identified as not having gay, bi s e x u a l or black in your offering be you a media outlet, a TV programme or a franchise like Superman.

Nobody want to be seen as not engaging with LBGT issues.

I’d be interested to know how many openly gay people everyone on here has worked with during their working life and how many same s e x couples have lived on streets you’ve lived on?

In 43 years of work I have worked with one gay man and two women.

I have lived in six different houses and have never been in the same street or estate as a same s e x couple.

Although this is now an accepted part of life but it is vastly over represented in all parts of film and media.
    Totally agree with you Mick!! About 6% of the population identify with being part of the LGBTQ group but a casual glance at most tv shows would make it seen more like 80%!! I'm all for representing all aspects of society on TV whether that be a age, ***ual orientation, skin colour, culture, religion, disability or whatever but this sector has been particularly over represented. Certainly no longer the case of "the only gay in the village" as Little Britain's David used to say!😃(and, yes, I know it was pointing out exactly this!). Then again, maybe all those theories about extra oestrogen in the water supply since the contraceptive pill have something in them?🤔😃

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Totally agree with you Mick!! About 6% of the population identify with being part of the LGBTQ group but a casual glance at most tv shows would make it seen more like 80%!! I'm all for representing all aspects of society on TV whether that be a age, ***ual orientation, skin colour, culture, religion, disability or whatever but this sector has been particularly over represented. Certainly no longer the case of "the only gay in the village" as Little Britain's David used to say!��(and, yes, I know it was pointing out exactly this!). Then again, maybe all those theories about extra oestrogen in the water supply since the contraceptive pill have something in them?����
    This is the problem. Official figures state that 86% of the U.K. population is white and LGB, just 2%. If this is the case then why do all TV dramas etc. portray these figures as the complete opposite? It is akin to the rewriting of history, factually incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Does make me wonder sometimes whether there’s a bigger agenda to somehow make us all become one ***, gender? it’s going too far.. but it’s headlines like this on the bbc that make people click the link. We all think the same of it, the writer will think.. oh my article was read by so many, in that case i’ll write more of these stories. The consequences of this example happens right across the board. Racism headlines encourage clicks.. then it’s us here debate and argue, same with the petrol crisis.. the overall impact it causes is division.

Anyway, i’ve gone off tangent here. I don’t know why DC and even those like Netflix need to be or be needing to promote these? I don’t have anything against those that are gay or bi***ual but it’s just pure tokenism that seems to be the populis direction they all take. It’s as if they are trying to promote and encourage people to come out? What do you all think?
    Have you seen the latest standup from Dave Chapelle? Worth a watch if you get time Regis
    He tries to explain some of this, and has on other occasions

I wonder what % of the population are LGQBT and whether there is a bias in the ratio of role models / stories that are promoted and whether it balances with positive roles / stories for ethnic minorities or women

What is the most baffling is that anyone actually gives a flying f uck on an Albion forum.

An private corporation makes a decision, which has been made with the bottom line in mind no doubt, and posters on West Brom forum get their knickers in twist, like in the Larkins thread.

Don't buy or watch the stuff if you don't like it.

If I was ever reduced to watching sh ite like the Larkins I would seriously think what the point was.

Nothing on Mowatt's foot but plenty of irrelevant sh it on here as normal, basically telling everyone else how life should be or was.

If such things are such an affront to you write into the tv companies and express your utter disgust to them.

Well BB, if you have any info. on Mowatt's injury then let us know as there has been complete and utter silence from any source, official or otherwise.

There is a large proportion of LGBT inclined in the media/arts etc so it’s no surprise that lots of scriptwriters put the same themes in their works now that they can. It’s opened a Pandora’s box of everything that was previously censored. Some might think that’s a great thing. There are no standards now. Anything goes. And even kids are being targeted at schools to choose what *** they want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    What is the most baffling is that anyone actually gives a flying f uck on an Albion forum.

An private corporation makes a decision, which has been made with the bottom line in mind no doubt, and posters on West Brom forum get their knickers in twist, like in the Larkins thread.

Don't buy or watch the stuff if you don't like it.

If I was ever reduced to watching sh ite like the Larkins I would seriously think what the point was.

Nothing on Mowatt's foot but plenty of irrelevant sh it on here as normal, basically telling everyone else how life should be or was.

If such things are such an affront to you write into the tv companies and express your utter disgust to them.
    Because for a good number of us the forum is about more than just the football, especially when no Albion matches are taking place.

There’s always plenty of posts about all things Albion and the apathy towards the ownership etc, you can hardly say the football is ignored.

In the same way you quite rightly say that people don’t have to watch such sh y t e on the TV it applies equally to those who think posts are banal and of no interest, nobody is forcing anyone to read them or contribute.

Thank god there is other topics discussed, it’s given me much pleasure and lead to lasting friendships both in real life and on FB.

Hope you’re keeping well by the way?

The power of the media strikes again.
    Make no mistake, you aren't the ones that decide how you live, even if you think you do.

Spoiler alert....... Superman is a fictional character. Just saying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)