+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OT:. Sky News Live from Rotherham

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    The border runs along Knoll Beck but some of it is in Rotherham and some in Barnsley.
    Youngest lives in Brampton (around Knoll Beck)
    Boundary is around 50 yards from his towards Wombwell

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Swinton / Kilnhurst S64 comes under Mexborough post code, Mexborough in Doncaster area council.
    S64 is a Sheffield postcode..............

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    But not Wath on Dearne. I guess the NW boundary must run along the Knoll Beck as Hoyland/Elsecar/Jump (and Harley?) are all Barnsley aren't they but are S of Brampton.
    Harley is Rotherham and that's past Wentworth. Hoyland, Elsecar and Jump are Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Harley is Rotherham and that's past Wentworth. Hoyland, Elsecar and Jump are Barnsley.
    Ah Harley! Home to that legendary"son of Rotherham" Toby Foster. He loves us, does old Toby. 😉

Jump is a Millers enclave for some unknown reason. The Flying Dutchman pub used to have a Millers Supporters group back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Youngest lives in Brampton (around Knoll Beck)
    Boundary is around 50 yards from his towards Wombwell
    Hemingfield the border is between Knoll Beck and Elsecar Canal, Brampton it goes moves about either side.

Name:  brampton.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  88.6 KB
    Last edited by great_fire; 13-10-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Baarnsley phone prefix and think it may be barnsley postal code. I'm pretty sure they used to lay claim to Wentworth as well. Not sure you can say nowhere near Baarnsley. Elsecar definitely is and is only a mile or 2 down road from there.
    Whats tha reckon Acido?
    Ive only just managed to sniff out this smelly comment/question to me Roly kid lol, and its really limbo'ed me. Err I mean its gone completely over my head.
    You all know on here that Im NOT from Barnsley (my postcode is Wakefield WF6), so lets move along here ehh lol, there is nothing to see here (like he used to say on the Police squad series!).
    Last edited by Acido; 13-10-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Hemingfield the border is between Knoll Beck and Elsecar Canal, Brampton it goes moves about either side.

Name:  brampton.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  88.6 KB
    Funny that in Brampton there's a Knollbeck Road (the B6089) and a Becknoll Road

Where that red line crosses the B6089 must be the spot where you had to change buses when travelling from Rawmarsh to Barnsley from SY to Burrough's buses. It was a bit like doing an East/West border crossing in Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Funny that in Brampton there's a Knollbeck Road (the B6089) and a Becknoll Road

Where that red line crosses the B6089 must be the spot where you had to change buses when travelling from Rawmarsh to Barnsley from SY to Burrough's buses. It was a bit like doing an East/West border crossing in Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy
    Did you have to have a tetanus jab?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Did you have to have a tetanus jab?
    I would have done but couldn't get past the anti-vaxing brigade back in the 60s

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Morning pal. Quick question, when was the last time you actually went inside the facility? I've visited it a few times and every time I go it just looks more run down and worse. The educational screens up on the platforms don't work so how can they educate school kids or anyone visiting it? I think I heard some kind of garbled audio messaging on my last visit and couldn't make it out. The gift shop for any visiting parties is also a joke. I suppose the run down play area outside lessens any kids visiting boredom more than anything.

I think those that run it need to take a visit to the states to see how things are run professional, then again that would be a free jolly so we'll cancel that idea.

As for the subsidies spent on Covent Garden last, £180 Million to revamp it, was absolutely a pure waste of the public purse but we know there will always be a rich/poor divide and those in power totally abuse public spending to sort their own needs.
    You only need to look as far as Wakefield, Brin. The National Coal Mining Museum at the old Caphouse Colliery is a good example of how to present one of Yorkshire's historically important industries in an interesting and educational way. I really enjoyed my visit to the Magna Centre but it was probably fif**** years ago and, even then, I thought it could have been better. Sounds like it needs a complete revamp.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast